• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HOW DO I CHANGE MY INKS?

netsol

we recently acquired a mutoh valuejet 1617h that has been sitting for probably 1-1/2 years
we will change ink lines, where necessary, orings cap top and of course prink head

it was telling me on the display M ink end & W ink end, we changed the cartridges, all well and good
i changed the cyan, and it is still saying C low (old cartridge was damn near full & out of date,
Have i broken a rule, changing the cartride before it asked for a change?

is there a procedure, kind of an "ink up" i should be following

the machine has the high capacity adapters and seperate smart cards.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
You change the card at the same time? Perhaps you mixed cards by accident.
Also make sure the card is sitting forward in the adaptor towards the front of the printer. I've had cards that shifted in the adaptor that gave false readings because of this.

Last edited:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
we recently acquired a mutoh valuejet 1617h that has been sitting for probably 1-1/2 years
we will change ink lines, where necessary, orings cap top and of course prink head

it was telling me on the display M ink end & W ink end, we changed the cartridges, all well and good
i changed the cyan, and it is still saying C low (old cartridge was damn near full & out of date,
Have i broken a rule, changing the cartride before it asked for a change?

is there a procedure, kind of an "ink up" i should be following

the machine has the high capacity adapters and seperate smart cards.
Send me a message. I’ll have you meet someone for this. He has first hand experience.

netsol

You change the card at the same time? Perhaps you mixed cards by accident.
Also make sure the card is sitting forward in the adaptor towards the front of the printer. I've had cards that shifted in the adaptor that gave false readings because of this.
no, in fact, i mark the cards with a sharpie as i open the packages. i mark color and exp. date
i can always spot a potential ambush, and hopefully avoid it

i am considering resetting the whole machine to "out of box". flushing with isopropyl, but, ideally, this will not be necessary.

at this point my ink lines are still full of dried ink. next weekend, we change everything.

i just needed to get past "ink end" so i could see the machine detect and load media (success!)

ONE MORE STUPID QUESTION:

is there a way to poll the media setups stored in the machine? it allows 20(?) presets and i would like to think using these will allow me to see some successful printing, a bit sooner

these machines came with flexi (mutoh edition) & we do not have install media, BUT, we are running flexi 19 with asubscription.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
is there a way to poll the media setups stored in the machine? it allows 20(?) presets and i would like to think using these will allow me to see some successful printing, a bit sooner
I'm not sure if the 1617 allowed it but most of the Mutoh printers in that generation allow you to use the Mutoh Status Monitor to bring up all of the media types and custom name them/edit them. You have to join Mutoh's little club to get it but it's free. Here's the link: https://mutoh-club.com/mutoh/guser/