• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i get this effect with text?

graphix

Will someone give step by step..Thanks

Attachments

• KNIGHTS.jpg
    KNIGHTS.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 116

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The envelope and extrude tools. Figure it out for yourself. If I give you a step by step, you're not likely to learn anything.

Techman

use the interactive envelope tool to bend the letters.
vector extrude to push them out.
contour tool to get the outline.
yes? nO?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Use the Envelope dialog to apply an arc style envelope effect to the "KNIGHTS" letters. When you're happy with the results, go to the arrange menu and hit "convert to curves" to finalize the effect.

Use the Add Perspective effect to tilt back the letters.

Use Interactive Extrude tool to make the 3D block shadow effect. Separate the Extrude group, do some object welding work and clean up some unneccesary anchor points to turn that 3D block shadow into one cleaned up object.

Use the Contour Tool to achieve the various outline/path offset effects. Outline effects can also be used to achieve the same thing, except they remain "live" until you finalize them with the "convert outline to object" effect.

The Football letters look like a text on path effect applied to a sphere.

phototec

Use the Envelope dialog to apply an arc style envelope effect to the "KNIGHTS" letters. When you're happy with the results, go to the arrange menu and hit "convert to curves" to finalize the effect.

Use the Add Perspective effect to tilt back the letters.

Use Interactive Extrude tool to make the 3D block shadow effect. Separate the Extrude group, do some object welding work and clean up some unneccesary anchor points to turn that 3D block shadow into one cleaned up object.

Use the Contour Tool to achieve the various outline/path offset effects. Outline effects can also be used to achieve the same thing, except they remain "live" until you finalize them with the "convert outline to object" effect.

The Football letters look like a text on path effect applied to a sphere.

There you go, now you have all the steps...

If you still can't do it, hire a graphics professional, they'll knock it out for some moola...:rock-n-roll:

HulkSmash

The envelope and extrude tools. Figure it out for yourself. If I give you a step by step, you're not likely to learn anything.

Did we say that when you asked us how to wrap your hood a few months ago? I thought this was a community where we help people?

god, you're a jerk.

bob

Did we say that when you asked us how to wrap your hood a few months ago? I thought this was a community where we help people?...

We? Are you afflicted with a tapeworm or perhaps you're a prince?

Speak for yourself sport, others can speak for themselves as well. While you might view this as some sort of community of Samaritans, quivering to leap to the aid of some poor benighted specimen who asks a stupid question [yes Pollyanna, there are stupid questions], your view is not universally held. Others view these waters primarily as a source of entertainment, a secondary, or perhaps even tertiary, source of information.

Moreover, it would appear that whomever you've engaged to read these pages to you has been editorializing. I was contemplating putting a couple of precisely located panels on my hood, not wrapping it. Big difference, the operative words here being 'precisely located'. I inquired seeking comment on just which method might be considered by others to be the optimum choice, not how to do it. I know how to do it.

While you seem to consider it being a jerk, I gave sufficient information that would allow the original poster to figure out what it already should have known and thereby actually learn something rather that providing a recipe where seldom is anything learned.

Techman

I wonder if those bashing bob know how to do the effect themselves. And are actually wanting someone to give them a tutor on how it is done. yes?

Or instead of bashing bob. Why not write a tutor on how to do it so all the others who do not could learn how to do it. That would be a better solution and a better way to nanner naner boo boo on bob.

4R Graphics

You have been given the steps be thankful and please do search the web for tutorials first.

Now I have to say that some here just love to flame others instead of helping it has gotten out of hand in my opinion.

However I dont think Bob was being that bad after all he did tell him how to do it. I believe that the design is a simple one and could have been figured out by anyone with a little experience with any program and some trial and error.

Fatboy

Bob drop your little attitude. The guy was just asking for help like we all do from time to time. You are like the "o" in Bob!

Think I will call you "o" from now on.

bob

Bob drop your little attitude. The guy was just asking for help like we all do from time to time...

Which attitude would that be? I offered exactly enough information to allow the original poster to be able to figure out how to duplicate the image it offered.

For which effort, I was called a jerk, accused of diminished self-respect, condemned by faint praise, and told that I am the owner and operator of some attitude that is implicitly improper.

I never called anyone any sort of name and I never disparaged anyone. You and the various representatives of the ever present posse of practicing fools offered up that flavor of comment.

Jackpine

I see nothing wrong with this advice.
What is wrong with the "help" button in Corel? If you learn it, you will have the knowledge for life. Think, it's still legal. It seems to me more and more people just want to push the easy button. Corel is a complex design program that never fails to engage me. It was the first design program bought, version 1, and it is still challenging.
There is a lot of advice given freely here but sometimes we need to take responsible for ourself.

Fatboy

You have been given the steps be thankful and please do search the web for tutorials first.

Now I have to say that some here just love to flame others instead of helping it has gotten out of hand in my opinion.

However I dont think Bob was being that bad after all he did tell him how to do it. I believe that the design is a simple one and could have been figured out by anyone with a little experience with any program and some trial and error.

This is the internet.......and this is exactly what he is doing

Si Allen

I happen to agree with Bob!

How much work is it to click on Help or to Google the question?
I agree this is a great place if you have a technical question ... BUT ... when it comes to basic questions that even a Noob should be able to find for himself ... I balk at giving him the Easy Button!