• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I increase the pick radius in Corel 14?

signmeup

I'm getting short sighted I guess so I would like to be able to increase the pick radius of my pick tool in Corel 14. I can't find anything wandering around in the software. Anyone know the secret.

Adrian

signmeup

Not sure what you mean by that. Can you post a screen capture of what you use now?

Hi Bob. I mean I want to be able to select an object with out having to be so precise with the mouse. Other software I have allows setting how close the mouse pointer is to the object. So if you're within say 5 pixels of the object it will select it. I think Corel X4 is within 1 pixel. Gets a bit tedious after a long session of drafting. I'd like to set about 8 pixels...

Adrian

SignManiac

That helps Adrian. I thought you needed a larger pick tool. I'll look into my X6 version and see if I can find that for you. I'm sure it just buried in your settings somewhere. I bet Joe Diaz knows if he finds this thread.

signmeup

I joined a Corel forum and asked. If you hold the alt key you can drag a marquee over a line or object and it will select it. Shift and alt will allow selecting a bunch of lines or objects at a time. Yay!

Adrian

Chriswagner92

I joined a Corel forum and asked. If you hold the alt key you can drag a marquee over a line or object and it will select it. Shift and alt will allow selecting a bunch of lines or objects at a time. Yay!

Adrian

I never liked how i had to select the whole object and never knew how to fix it. thank you for this tidbit.

signmeup

I also just discovered the "virtual segment delete tool". Totally awesome for what I'm doing at the moment. It cuts out line segments from overlapped objects. This very useful while I'm redrawing airplane plans. I've got Corel setup as close to a CAD drafting program as I can.

Adrian

Attachments

• segment-Delete.jpg
    segment-Delete.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 119

SignManiac

Ah yes. I didn't know it was called that but I have used that on more than one occasion. I just call it a knife tool for slicing and dicing.

signmeup

The knife tool cuts things up. The segment delete tool removes segments between overlapped shapes to join them into a single shape. Although you will have to close the segments to fill the new shape. I don't need to do that as I am using Corel as a CAD program to draw plans. I like the lines all separate for this application.

Adrian

signmeup

OK... looks like there is no setting to change the pick tool radius. There is a dialog for the pick tool though. You can see the parameters you can change if you press Ctrl+J > Workspace > Toolbox > Pick Tool

I set my cursor to "cross hair". Very CAD like.Adrian

Chriswagner92

I also just discovered the "virtual segment delete tool". Totally awesome for what I'm doing at the moment. It cuts out line segments from overlapped objects. This very useful while I'm redrawing airplane plans. I've got Corel setup as close to a CAD drafting program as I can.

Adrian

wow I wish someone told me about this sooner. great tool to know is available