• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you do this?

MrSalumi

Illy and PS newbie here. Anyone have any good resources on how to create the effect shown here on the "Champion"??

I see in this order; a general top to bottom gradient, a black layer, background with a reverse bottom to top gradient then a black layer behind that

How do you do the light spots on the top right of the letters? Am I missing anything?

Thank you

Attachments

• champion-logo.jpg
    champion-logo.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 68

Techman

those white dots are probably on their own layer. Made using a spray brush. Using photoshop.

John Butto

In Illustrator, make a small white circle and Effect / blur / gaussian / slider with preview till you get what you need.

skyhigh

I can arrive at all the effects shown, but my way is rather unconventional. I'd create all the letters and outlines in flexi, then add the effects in illustrator. I believe it can all be accomplished in the newer versions of flexi.

p3

I made you a video tutorial on how to do it, I think I got it pretty close, can spend more time on the dark outline part and some of the effects, but as soon as it's done uploading i'll share the link. You can also download the source files to see it as well.

MrSalumi

Cool. Thank you for the help. I am going to play around with the methods you all suggested and wait for your video P3..

Cheers

MrSalumi

P3... Thank you!!! Singularly the most helpful response I have had on this forum. Thank you so much for the tutorial!!

p3

No worries. If you ever need any help or anything, just let me know. I don't know it all, but I am willing to help. Same with everyone else. If anyone would like to see any tutorials, let me know.