• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you handle phone quote requests?

cartoad

Lately we have been getting a lot of phone calls asking for quotes for wraps. Good and bad news, good - interest appears to be increasing, bad most do not know what they want. The issue I have is without seeing what the vehicle is so I can find out what they really want to cover and talk to them about options, I cannot generate a real quote.

Somehow saying it can range $85 to $3,500 plus does not seem like a good answer!

So we try to get them to come in with their vehicle and discuss, most just ask for a price for one to 10 or more vehicles. But it seems that we do not have much luck getting them to come in so I don't know if they do a wrap with someone that low balls them, or if they do nothing.

So my question is, how do you handle this so you can generate a quote, or do you just wing it?

Techman

rING
xyz wrap com.. This is owner,,
Hello. I am interested in a wrap.

Great,, We have a wide range of wraps to fit most needs. Can I get your name?
Ok rob how did u hear about us?

I saw your ad..blah blah

It sounds like you need some added response to yoru advertising... yes? .. What will your wrap be used for?

I want my name to really project into the community..

Do you think that projection will get you more respect and more business? (you want another yes)

What kind of bizz do you have? Oh , you are a landscaping Co.. We have a unique plan just for you that is guaranteed to work. IF we match your needs and plans do you think you will get more income?

yes,, i am sure it will.

Then rob,, the next step is to come into our display office so I can give you my undivided attention and discuss your needs. What is the best time for you to come by?

That is a date. I will see you on Thurs. at 10 am sharp. Please do not be late.
#############
as you can see taking control of the call is step one. Step two is to get an appointment for a personal discussion.

step three is to show him how a god design works and let him get involved.

step four is to get a small commitment of money. just $9 bux is plenty..

Final step is to get him to give a half down deposit.

How many will will go for this?

You desire is to get 80% of the calls to make an appointment
80% of those will make it to the first appointment
80% of those will make it to the second meeting
80% of those will do the complete job.

If you do not get 6 out of 10 then you re-evaluate your script. Price is not a factor. If you screen them right and they tell you somehow that price is the only factor then thank them and run em down the road. YOu have no time for price shoppers.

With this plan there is absolutely no need to worry about joe lowballer. You are searching to meet his real pain. Not some made up fantasy. Find his real need and meet it and he will pay anything you want.

HulkSmash

Why do you not go to them?

If i had to go see every call i got for a wrap, I'd need a staff of about 70.

The time we go out to do a quote, it's only for fleet wraps, and site surveys for signs. 90% of a time it's someone who wants you to drive 30 minutes to measure a 40 inch window to put a logo on. I'll spend more driving there... then i make doing the job.

Techman

Also a way to give sales to other who make it a little more convenient for buyers than you....

Good. Diss it all you want. Just tell that to those who use such a marketing technique who make 10 times what you do

Do you have a better one. I would love to see what you have.

GoodPeopleFlags

I think folks just have no earthly idea how much it cost and there's no reason they should; they're not in the sign biz. That's why they call. They just want a general idea if it's in the $500 or $5000 range. I think a response could be "It depends on the vehicle and the amount of design time involved but most of them are in the ballpark of $xxxx.xx.". If they're still serious after that, you'll know it and can talk more in detail then.

CS-SignSupply-TT

The car wrap is a mobile billboard. As such, the line item in the "budget" is marketing and advertising. Unfortunately, when the economy goes south, so does the marketing and advertising budget. i.e. how many out of work marketing and advertising people do you know? Therefore, the more qualifying and educating you can do up front, the better the buying decision in the end. There is a clothing retailer in Atlanta by the name of SYMMS. Their tag line is, "...an educated consumer is our BEST customer..."

Techman

"It depends on the vehicle and the amount of design time involved but most of them are in the ballpark of $xxxx.xx.

Why would any one want to go there?
The customer has absolutely no desire to know anything about costs, or how good your service is or that someone uses the best materials etc... . All he wants is to get a product that relieves his pain. Find his pain relieve it and you will get the sale.

4 P's
Pivot profile praise prompt.

The farmer is out in the field with his grain. He hires a machine that cuts the sheaves, collects the grain and spits out the chaf. It loses a few grains too. It doesn't matter in the big picture. All he wants is a truck full of grain.

Speedsterbeast

I hate asking a question and it being totally ignored by the seller.

I don't see harm in answering a question with a price range if that is the first thing they ask, even if the range is wide. Then the dialogue that follows, as posted previously would work wonders.

Though I have learned over years of sales experience to never mention the word cost or price until the customer does. But if they do I don't think the question should be ignored. Also answering in a tone like you think they are a tirekicker is extremely transparent to a customer. If you act like you have no interest in servicing them because you think you know them by the first thing they say you are dead wrong. I seem to be getting a share of the market in my area due to this. If I am thinking about buying somehting that I never researched or purchased before what is the first thing I'm going to find out?

Some great advice here. Try different dialogue and learn from it each time.

binki

...You desire is to get 80% of the calls to make an appointment
80% of those will make it to the first appointment
80% of those will make it to the second meeting
80% of those will do the complete job.

wow, we look for a 10% conversion rate on tire kickers. I like this a lot.

cdiesel

We don't quote prices on the phone. Setup meetings and head out. Charge extra for this added service, and you'll make more money.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Tech's rundown looks good.
I'll just add that if they sound like they are on the fence over coming down to the shop go to plan "B".
Ask to meet at the nearest Hooters for lunch so you can go over the details.

wayne k
guam usa