• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you price vinyl lettering?

lex9007

Re-Inventing The Sign Experience
Hello Everyone!

Just wondering how do you guys price cut out vinyl letters?

Like when clients order USDOT number for their trucks, one color regular decals etc.

Do you have a sqft price set up or do you have any kind of formula? Do you add any design fee?

Thank You!

Sign Works

Sign Contractor's Pricing Guide

Attachments

• 197_3.jpg
    197_3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 102

rjssigns

We have a one size fits most for DOT, EW, LC, IC etc... They are also a standard price. Can't tell you what it is because I have no idea what it takes to keep your doors swingin'.

Boat registrations are a three tiered deal. Learned that one years back from Superfrog(Butch Anton)

What it comes down to is you have to figure out what your unit cost needs to be so you can eat three times a day, pay your bills and have a warm place to sleep.

visual800

for me down here:
DOT# run about $40 with no install 1 set
with install, cant say depends on where they are

I have cut a few in the past few years for friends but try and steer away from PITA stuff like this

David Wright

Signcraft's pricing guide has a page for it.
Also Fred has posted here bout how he prices, so much for masking, vinyl per foot.

OldPaint

DOT, boat, jet ski #.........MAX $20 A PAIR...... usually these are RTA.....so cut/weed/tape......and hand em to the buyer)))) YOU INSTALL EM.... another $10-20))))

jman

$50/pair plus install. Way I look at it is, $50 is cheap vs the DOT cop fining your rig lol

Gene@mpls

What it comes down to is you have to figure out what your unit cost needs to be so you can eat three times a day, pay your bills and have a warm place to sleep.

I would also add a little something to insure a fun, exciting and extended retirement. It sneaks up on you faster than you would think. And $50 is the minimum no matter
what it is- reminds me we need to raise the minimum again.

OldPaint

hahahahahahahahaa............and tell me if everybody is so set of $50 a pair.........WHY THEN..... do people tell me that so and so sign shop did their DOT/BOAT REGISTRATION # for $20????????heheheheheheheheehehehe

OldPaint

THEY AINT LYIN... and yes it pensacola, and is just like most any other town with 100 sign shops all underbidding the other just to get the work))))))))))

lex9007

Re-Inventing The Sign Experience
Thank You

Thank You all!
I will keep your advice in mind when setting a price for this.

Have a productive week!

OldPaint

and the other factor to gettin $20 a set.............IS MOST PEOPLE who ask for these........ARE ALREADY YOUR CLIENTS........and you do em for $20......cause of the other work they have and will want))))))))))

sardocs

For RTA boat registration numbers we typically charge $40 a set for 1 colour and $60 with an outline or shadow. Never get any complaints. Our shop is located in a small town right on the ocean and there must be more boats in the area than people. If ya'll want to do 'em for 20 bucks, have at 'em. $20 is what we usually tip the waitress at lunch.