• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many of you do this.............. ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How many people here.... either fax, send by snail mail or e-mail a quote or a combination of some or all of them, to a customer and then wait for them to get in touch with you about the order ??
Many times, we'll send out quotes and if it's enough money or something we really want to do, I'll follow up with a phone call, maybe 4 to 6 days later.

Had another one just a short while ago I called, left a message about a quote from last Monday. She just called back and said, their e-mail is going bonkers right now and they had quite a few sales reps in and got her all out of her normal rhythm. Got the approval for doing a front door, window next to it and a main front door at the entrance of the building. The quote is for around $900. However, had I not called, the quote would've been lost forever. I can't tell you how many sales, both large and small this little phone call has helped over the years. Not another e-mail, but a real phone call.

If you aren't getting all your quotes, at least follow up and sound interested in why you lost out. Sound concerned and eager to please them. Sometimes, that even helps you land a job. When they hear someone actually trying to get work and not waiting for it to come to them..... they sometimes change their minds, if they haven't been completely made up, yet.

People today are so frazzled and while they might appear to be organized.... they really aren't and your little friendly reminder can bring money in, even when you figured it was a lost cause.

Good luck and make those follow-up calls........:thumb:

Kottwitz-Graphics

I always follow up. I want every customer to know they are appreciated, and the best way is to talk with them...even if it's a shoot the s#!@ conversation. Of course where I am it's still the good old boy network, and that's how you gotta play it.

rjssigns

We send all bids email then follow up with a call to make sure they got it and answer questions. We do nothing after that.

Say what you want, but multiple calls in our market just doesn't work. You end up being just as hated as telemarketers that call during supper.

Further ahead to spend that time on new quotes. It's all a numbers game since you can't get every job. YMMV

Craig Sjoquist

I am agreement with personal contact works the best.

It is so gratifying when ya run across a past customer & either them, a younger family member, a past or present worker & even a passerby that seen ya work on a job a says howdy remember that job etc. then blah blah blah.

Before ya know it ya sold a another job, & the same goes for follow up on that bid because that is how they remember ya & take interest in what ya can do.

I agree 100%. We call exactly a week from when the quotes were sent out. I believe this helps seal the deal a majority of the time. Because usually on that call they confirm and give the go ahead. Had I not called maybe they would still come back but this way I know I am doing everything I can to make them happy and EARN not GET there business.

DirtyD

Very nicely put Gino:thumb:

I think it's always best to follow up with a courtesy call like that, Some people think its pushy or might make you seem desperate but it's the complete opposite..

I followed up on a quote today with a phone-call but got voice-mail....

Bly

Good call Gino.
I get busy and normally let them slide.
I am going to try and follow up more this year.
We usually just email them but you're right a phone call is more effective.

JMPrinting

I have a book I comb binded full of "Customer Inquiry" forms. When every ANYONE call for a quote, anything...I put it on the book. I have a section to write notes, whether I emailed it, called on it, ect. Once I know the job is done or cancelled, I put a black X on the whole page. It works...nothing gets missed. Just have to wrote EVERY phone call and walk in that book.