• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Many Times Have You Gotten This?

VolunteerSign

Would you be interested in doing the back window for my guiding service logo and sponsors and placing your Volunteer Sign info on there for a sponsor deal. If you could help me, I could place your business info on my web page at www.XXXXXXXXXXX.com. I would be interested in the back window and maybe the back 2 side windows on my Toyota. If you would do my windows on my Toyota I would let you place your info on my Sprinter Van. I use the dodge sprinter van to opperate my other business. I travel all over Tennessee every week and you could get you some serious advertising out of that. I fish professional Tournaments and guide an average of 60 trips per year. Other avid anglers needing advertising for there trucks would see your info on my windows in my Tundra. If this is something that would interest you let me know. We would not worry about the boat. Just the back side windows and back window in the Tundra. My cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX you can call anytime.

Pat Whatley

Rule 1: Don't give away your craft.
Rule 2: Damn sure don't give away your time, money, and talent in order to help somebody else play at their hobby.

Locals Find!

Why would anyone else pay you after you gave work away to the guy that they are getting your name from?? Just doesn't make any sense.

Tell him you wanna sell his sponsorships. Then you will do it, but you get to keep 70% of all the money and you set the sponsorship rates.

VolunteerSign

I'm glad I'm not in dairy country or someone would be wanting me to "sponsor" and wrap a few cows for free. I think the word has gotten out that I don't do racecar "sponsorship" deals, so now there are no trailers with "hotrods" on them in my parking lot. Wonder how long before the boats & tow vehicles disappear as well lol.

rjssigns

Not to worry. We sent all of our race car "business" packing years ago. Used to do at least 24 and as many as 36. Money was not worth the BS. What really hacked me off is they thought I had no clue what it cost to go racing, and they'd try to chisel the payment. Didn't tell them I was on a crew when most of them were still in diapers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing like advertising all over the state and getting a call from someone 125 miles away for a bid on installing a 2' x 3' single-sided sign.

It will work for them, but for you.... how many jobs can you quote by adding an extra $500 or $600 just for travel time and still land the job ??

Maybe you'll get a call on some pylon sign at a mall, but are you qualified to get the really big ones ??

2B

when we started we had several tries to get us to do this...........now they dont ask and pay like everyone else

VolunteerSign

Maybe you'll get a call on some pylon sign at a mall, but are you qualified to get the really big ones ??

Not sure how many malls choose their sign companies from a sponsor name on a bass boat...or the guy's Sprinter company van. As far as being qualified to do the really big ones...we have done some pretty big work for a number of malls, airports, shopping centers, etc. Pretty much the only thing we are not qualified to do is work for free lol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess ya answered your own question.................

Getting large work was a tongue-in-cheek kinda deal. That was my point. :rolleyes: