• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Much Would You Charge for this wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MANNING

I just finished this car for a very good customer of ours. I'm having issues with pricing it because this is our first wrap and they have had two other vehicles wrapped somewhere else(Before we started wrapping). I don't know what they paid for the others and I don't want to be too high or leave money on the table.

Side note: They have more vehicles to wrap.( I have another one in our shop now)

So, If you have an idea of a price...Thanks

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 142
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 134
M

MANNING

Wow!

To those that don't know how to answer a question and still comment. Trolls!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope I'm not considered a troll for saying it looks nice ad that ya did a good job. :thumb:

Before answering, if I can...... did you design it and fabricate the graphics ??

fresh

Hope I'm not considered a troll for saying it looks nice ad that ya did a good job. :thumb:

Before answering, if I can...... did you design it and fabricate the graphics ??

I completely agree. It looks like you did a great job, but its hard to give you an idea of what someone would charge without knowing how much of the job you actually did.

That said, I could imagine this would be between $2,000 and $3,500 (the upper number is if you did all the artwork, found the graphics, etc.)

rjssigns

To those that don't know how to answer a question and still comment. Trolls!!

Methinks you need to get a thicker skin. You opened yourself up to all kinds of criticism/sniping regarding your post. Followed immediately by calling people trolls. Nice.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when the client comes in. Just sayin...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, I forgot.... was the car initially white or yellow ?? Or was it a complete wrap and the car was blue or something ??

With the tan interior, I'm leaning towards a yellow car to start with.

Jillbeans

I have been in this business for 29 years, and I have never done a job for a client without first nailing down a price, getting a deposit, etc.
It seems really odd to me.
Also, I base my work on a per job basis, not with the dangling carrot of more vehicles waiting.

ExecuPrintGS

Im ganna go out on a limb and say the car was white since the roof is still white along with the mirror caps.
Honestly there is no way for us to tell you how much to charge for this job.
Over head, design hours, install hours, shop rate, it all has a part in how this would be quoted.

I think that a lot of people are saying, the job should have been quoted prior to doing it, not waiting until its done and asking others what they would charge.
Seems like a backwards way of doing things. Id never have a supplier bring me a new printer and only after ask them how much it costs???

Just my $.02 if you consider that trolling you should look at some past threads where people have been ripped apart. What everyone has said is pretty tame compared.

Dennis422

hey guys I just built this house for a customer. what should I charge.

:thumb:

Very similar house was built just down the road from you. Maybe you should find out how much they charge and charge accordingly. :smile:

Manning.
On another hand, I'm new to the wrap world, asked a lot of questions and still have pricing questions about wraps, BUT.......
I would have never done a job and then determine the pricing for it.

I would not jump before I ask "how high"

Do you also return the car to the customer and let them drive around for a couple months to make sure they like it before you charge them. Take your material cost and add 35% ontop of that and then whatever you want to make on the job. You kind of missed your opportunity to come up with a competitive quote. Now you just have to take what he will pay. From what I have heard there is no way to repo vehicle wraps. Since it's his car he can pick it up whenever he wants. Theres no contract, no quote, no nothing, he could tell the courts you said you would do it for free and you don't have any proof otherwise.

PS don't ask for help and hate on the people giving you advice. There advice on your problem was get a quote signed first.

qmr55

I have been in this business for 29 years, and I have never done a job for a client without first nailing down a price, getting a deposit, etc.

I dunno but I call BS on this. We all have done it.

OP, figure out the sq footage of material you used, figure out a per/sf price for that vehicle based on materials, time and overhead. And figure it out from there.

Good luck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm doing this stuff for over 40 years and I've had plenty of jobs and reasons people weren't quoted beforehand.

Most of the time :

• They were small and I ballparked the price
  • They were relatives
  • It was an experiment on both sides
  • It was understood I wasn't gonna screw them
  • Long standing customers
  • They didn't care

On the other hand, it's not good practice to do this, cause you can very easily get burnt.

Anything over maybe $350 or $500, I think I would quote, cause I wanna get a deposit of anything over $100. Just quoted a guy yesterday $400 to do a little job and he just dropped off $200. Now I can eat supper tonight.

Seriously, if someone wants to play with fire, I say let' em. It's their business, their money, their hide. I used to get on people for doing things in an un-normal unbusinesslike fashion, but it does no use to reprimand someone, cause they aren't gonna learn from our mistakes..... only their own, so until someone gets it done to them.... let 'em have at it. This IS something I've learned in this place. People love the 'School-of-Hard-Knocks'. Besides, it's fun watching these things. :rolleyes:

qmr55

I'm doing this stuff for over 40 years and I've had plenty of jobs and reasons people weren't quoted beforehand.

Most of the time :

• They were small and I ballparked the price
  • They were relatives
  • It was an experiment on both sides
  • It was understood I wasn't gonna screw them
  • Long standing customers
  • They didn't care

On the other hand, it's not good practice to do this, cause you can very easily get burnt.

Anything over maybe $350 or $500, I think I would quote, cause I wanna get a deposit of anything over $100. Just quoted a guy yesterday $400 to do a little job and he just dropped off $200. Now I can eat supper tonight.

Seriously, if someone wants to play with fire, I say let' em. It's their business, their money, their hide. I used to get on people for doing things in an un-normal unbusinesslike fashion, but it does no use to reprimand someone, cause they aren't gonna learn from our mistakes..... only their own, so until someone gets it done to them.... let 'em have at it. This IS something I've learned in this place. People love the 'School-of-Hard-Knocks'. Besides, it's fun watching these things. :rolleyes:

Exactly! Everyone has done it before, we all know that. Not smart practice, but there are times when the job just needs to get done. Rush jobs.

HulkSmash

It seems really odd to me.
Also, I base my work on a per job basis, not with the dangling carrot of more vehicles waiting.

Interesting. Companies who deal with corporate clients like myself will never get a deposit. It's very common we do a
25,000$ fleet jobs and don't get paid for 4-8 weeks.

If you "demand" a deposit they will laugh at you, and move on the the next commercial graphics shop.

It's also very common for my return customers to just drop a car off and tell me to get it done without getting a price.

Pricing for larger work is much different then pricing for a 2 ft painted welcome sign.

As to answer the original question. Pricing varies between all shops. Figure out your overhead, and material cost.
You should easily get 2200$ -$2400 + for that. The install looks very clean - nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.