• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News How to Design Exceptional Signs in 20 Minutes or Less

Johnny Best

A layout for bob
disablied.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks more like the old advertisements for brains on drugs, but this one sh!t out an 'L'.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, someone needs to keep you in check. Otherwise, you'll run off with the circus.

Now...... erase that brain f@rt and do it right.

printhog

Johnny Best - you need to print that intellectually disabled decal.. it'll sell. I'd buy 'em... 'cuz i respect your (c).. i'll send 'em to local politicians..

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I should think you need a variation, the same basic sign but with the brain part being mashed by a mallet or deflated or being sliced by a chainsaw or something to indicate 'brain damaged'. Then not only Pelosi and Brown but their entire squad of bicycle thieves and other assorted sycophants would be welcomed. We're nothing if not inclusive.

printhog

I should think you need a variation, the same basic sign but with the brain part being mashed by a mallet or deflated or being sliced by a chainsaw or something to indicate 'brain damaged'. Then not only Pelosi and Brown but their entire squad of bicycle thieves and other assorted sycophants would be welcomed. We're nothing if not inclusive.
yeah but our inclusion cant feature any violence that might trigger them to take a knee or shoot up a school.

Geet Faulkner

20 mins??..... does that include running down to the library to use a copier.... .25 cents per copy?
or a fax?
I used to work for a company that created "Design Templates" perfect for quicky shops

Johnny Best

Brain damage by a stroke will also get you a permit to hang from your rear view mirror. People with damaged brains might have a hard time deciphering where to park at all or why they are even driving a car.
If I spend more time on the "layout" with your ideas and Gino's, does that cut into my 20 minutes? Or do we start fresh.
"Chainsaw sliced brain", I am concerned about you bob.

Joe Diaz

I am used to using Adobe Creative Suite to create elaborate artwork and illustrations, but I am now using Flexi to make quick signs. I have been given only a few minutes to produce any given sign, despite interruptions from phone calls, customers, crafting signs, etc. So how can I make the best of my time in Flexi, which may only be only a few minutes per design?
Dang, I looked at the title and I was hoping to see a How-to post. LOL
I guess if you were only given a few minutes to design projects, the only way to make the best of that time is to practice and study. There is no magic button. If you know the ins and outs of your software it makes your job easier and you can go faster. If you understand basic design principals, you can make effective signs quickly too. If you are forced to get things done in a short amount of time, it might be helpful to develop systems and routines for yourself.

Nothing takes just 20 minutes to design. It takes 20 minutes plus experience.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, after 3 days, the OP hasn't figured out how to or do anything differently ?? Hasn't been back since he/she opened this thread. Wonder why................ ?? :confused:

Johnny Best

So, after 3 days, the OP hasn't figured out how to or do anything differently ?? Hasn't been back since he/she opened this thread. Wonder why................ ?? :confused:
Because he basically wanted help with designing in Flexi and needed tips for faster layouts. We being sign people and not taking instructions very well gave him the meaning of the word design, some stories of our experiences, to advice on what he needs to study. He got advice I think he was not looking for in his new job in a company that only uses Flexi.
He will be back with printer problems, font help, or how to start his own business.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think I need some of those instructions, too. I'm gonna look for help from someone.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just spent 4 hours on a design for a high school locker room, wall-to-wall wrap, locker covers, floor decal, door wrap... My eyeballs are about to pop out of their sockets. Of course the coach doesn't send me ANY artwork, other then hand-drawn stuff on paper.:banghead:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I just spent 4 hours on a design for a high school locker room, wall-to-wall wrap, locker covers, floor decal, door wrap... My eyeballs are about to pop out of their sockets. Of course the coach doesn't send me ANY artwork, other then hand-drawn stuff on paper.:banghead:
All of that should have taken 20 minutes, per this thread.