• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to install laminated window perf vinyl on the storefront?

phototec

Is it better to install laminated window perf vinyl on a storefront, wet or dry application?

Thanks

Stacey K

I like making signs
DRY!!!!!! DO NO APPLY WET!!!!

Window perf is easy to apply if it's laminated. Many of us on here enjoy applying window perf. If you apply it wet the moisture will never dry out, you will have an absolute mess. The other thing to keep in mind is that after you apply it you are going to see squeegee streaks - no fear, as the vinyl sets the streaks will go away and the surface will be nice and smooth.

phototec

Ok, the window perf is laminated, with Oracal 290F, do you use application tape to apply or go without application tape? Thanks

phototec

DRY!!!!!! DO NO APPLY WET!!!!

Window perf is easy to apply if it's laminated. Many of us on here enjoy applying window perf. If you apply it wet the moisture will never dry out, you will have an absolute mess. The other thing to keep in mind is that after you apply it you are going to see squeegee streaks - no fear, as the vinyl sets the streaks will go away and the surface will be nice and smooth.
Stacey, the window perf is laminated, with Oracal 290F, do you use application tape to apply or go without application tape? Thanks

BetaCtz

What's the group consensus on paneling perf?
Slight overlap from panel to panel, or butted and then "edge taped" on a seam?

Original poster - don't forget to use edge tape around the perimiter of your graphic (clear or black cast 1/2" pinline tape).
This will make your install last much longer. Perf films tend to not last as long as regular films.

tulsagraphics

What's the group consensus on paneling perf?
Slight overlap from panel to panel, or butted and then "edge taped" on a seam?

Original poster - don't forget to use edge tape around the perimiter of your graphic (clear or black cast 1/2" pinline tape).
This will make your install last much longer. Perf films tend to not last as long as regular films.
A bit of both. Overlap during install, but then cut through the middle of the overlap.. removing the excess from both pieces... which gives you a tight butt seam. Seal all edges and seams like normal.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Tex, you didn't push it into the edges and trim it... looks like you had some trimming to do at the bottom.

gnubler

Let me know if you like it. I bought mine based on Tex's recommendation but have never gotten the hang of it so I'm back to regular squeegees.