• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to install laminated window perf vinyl on the storefront?

BetaCtz

A bit of both. Overlap during install, but then cut through the middle of the overlap.. removing the excess from both pieces... which gives you a tight butt seam. Seal all edges and seams like normal.
This is generally how I do it as well (similar to installing large etch or tint panels and needing a clean finish.
Reason I ask is because I've seen other installs where they just overlap a 1/4" and leave it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Let me know if you like it. I bought mine based on Tex's recommendation but have never gotten the hang of it so I'm back to regular squeegees.
They need to pay me for those that sold....

I haven't used a normal squeegee in forever. Before the bill collector my wrist was getting so painful I thought I might have to find another career... it was bad, but that bill collector completely fix it and haven't had problems since. That back and forth motion using the squeegee for years probably fucked my wrist up and cause the pain.

gnubler

So many loaded words there, I'm not even gonna touch it. :p

I had the same issue using a mouse. Carpal tunnel pain. I switched to using a tablet & stylus over 10 yrs ago and the problem disappeared.

Jason1

Let me know if you like it. I bought mine based on Tex's recommendation but have never gotten the hang of it so I'm back to regular squeegees.
I use a 24 or 30" aluminum big squeegee. On larger perf I use a larger one. Works great...

Stacey K

I like making signs
THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST SQUEEGEE I EVER USED!

Seriously, I have used it a few times so far and it saves SO MUCH TIME. I used it yesterday on a box truck panel that was 3'x10'. Made one big swipe down the middle then fanned it out - done in no time! Last week I used it twice on panels for box trucks. This thing is amazing! I would have paid $200 for this thing!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST SQUEEGEE I EVER USED!

Seriously, I have used it a few times so far and it saves SO MUCH TIME. I used it yesterday on a box truck panel that was 3'x10'. Made one big swipe down the middle then fanned it out - done in no time! Last week I used it twice on panels for box trucks. This thing is amazing! I would have paid $200 for this thing!
Totally agree. I use it 99% of the time. Saved my wrist from being painful.

Johnny Best

They need to pay me for those that sold....

I haven't used a normal squeegee in forever. Before the bill collector my wrist was getting so painful I thought I might have to find another career... it was bad, but that bill collector completely fix it and haven't had problems since. That back and forth motion using the squeegee for years probably fucked my wrist up and cause the pain.
Chapter 12 in Tex Sign Tips book.

Last edited: