• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make this warp in Illustrator

GoodPeopleFlags

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I can't figure out how to make the text warp like this in Illustrator (CS5). Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Fortress Cliff Ranch.jpg
    Fortress Cliff Ranch.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 167

GoodPeopleFlags

I've tried the warp presets but none of them will give me this type of warp. I tried drawing the shape and distorting with the top object and that turned into something unrecognizable. I tried "warp with mesh" and I could get the shape I wanted but it distorted the letters (see attached). Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• fortress.jpg
    fortress.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 142

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I'm not 100% on this but would this work?

Effect>Stylize>Warp>Bulge Then make it a negative bulge.

Attachments

• bulge.jpg
    bulge.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 124

GoodPeopleFlags

Got it! First use the upper arc warp get it how you want it. Then in the Appearance palette, select "Warp Arc Upper" and then click the icon at the bottom of the palette that looks like the New Layer button but in this case it duplicates the warp effect. Now double click on one of those warp effects, change the warp preset to the one that arcs the bottom of the text and make it however you want. Tadaaa!

I can't take the credit. Someone else in the office figured it out for me. :)

MikePro

EDITED: +1'd Firesprint's suggestion. Negative bulge

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 3.23.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 3.23.43 PM.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 3.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 3.24.01 PM.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 168

mpn

Plug-In like this makes quick work out of warps.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-27 at 2.33.20 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-11-27 at 2.33.20 PM.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 130

Techman

In Corel just grab the node with the curser and move the bends the way you want them. No plug in needed.