• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to make this work---arc gradient

dakotasignwerks

i am trying to make some lettering have a gradient fill. but when i "fit text to path" or "envelope" the lettering, it changes the gradient and does not allow it to do a smooth curve like the letters. (pulling hair out...at least what i have left) thanks in advance for the help. randy

oh yeah, i have tried the radius fill and all others but when it is not 100% an circle, i cant keep it flowing

Last edited:

jiarby

corel has mesh gradient...

Attachments

• 3-3-2010 11-53-56 AM.jpg
    3-3-2010 11-53-56 AM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 87

Steve C.

You can convert text to curve, combine letters with a center, group all.
This way each individual letter has it's own fill.

Malkin

and then adjust the rotation for each letter slightly. heh heh.

I have actually done this, but it's not usually worth the effort

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I think photopaint will let you do a eliptical fill. You might be able to create one there an power clip it with the lettering.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have seen radial in Draw but not eliptical fill. Where is that at?

Attachments

• blank.jpg
    blank.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 78

Service Sign Co

I would probably suggest placing a ellipse over the text,fill the area with she smart fill tool and then use the transparency tool.

Last edited:

Service Sign Co

I use the radial fill option.
The radial fill seems to be a clunky way to make it, I probably don't know the secret to it.

Ungroup the text and then adjust each fill. Do it all the time.

That is the most obvious way to make it. I was just taking advantage of the smart fill tool. It used to be a problem with Composer also

p3

apply the gradient before arching the text or distorting it, then apply the curve. I just did it and worked perfect.

Steve C.

apply the gradient before arching the text or distorting it, then apply the curve. I just did it and worked perfect.

I just tried it and I did not work. What are you doing differently.

add gradient... apply arch....? No good.
The radial fill is akward also. I agree with Moody, Day Sign Co. This works
best for me.

p3

I typed the text. convert to outlines. ungroup. apply gradient. enevelope warp - arc. and it worked.

Mike Jackson

Try filling the letters with red. Drag out an oval that more or less follows the bottom of the letters. Slice it just before the first letter and just after the last letter the throw away the unneeded portion of the oval. Then select the new line and "Stroke" it with a large, soft brush of maroon. The size of the brush will affect the amount of the blend look. Clip the effect inside the letters.

This would work with about any distorted line of text. For a multi-color letter, you could also digitize a top line and bring in some color from the top.

Easy!

Cheers,
Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
www.goldenstudios.com
www.mikejacksonphotography.com

Attachments

• signs101warp.jpg
    signs101warp.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 86
  • signs101warp2.jpg
    signs101warp2.jpg