• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you prefer to get you banner rolls?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Im bringing in a container of banner and the way it ships seems like a pain in the butt for the end users to unpackage, so I wanted to see which way it would be preferred if you had the option.

A. In the cardboard tubes that are stapled shut and wrapped in carbon paper.

B. In a normal box with suspended endcaps and in a plastic bag.

omgsideburns

Mine come in big ass cardboard tubes with wood screwed in to each end of it.

Takes like one minute with a screwgun and two men to open it up and put it on the skewer.

Rather that than the cardboard box. The weight is too great and you'll end up with oblong cores.

907customs

I prefer the cardboard tubes, once in a while I even get one with both ends still attached:banghead: Seems like the cardboard boxes are blown out 90% of the time and alot of time the first few wraps of material are damaged upon arrival.

ProWraps

tubes with screwed on ends. no other way to do it. rolls are to heavy for boxes. just out of curiosity, what brand is it a knock off of? if its ultraflex im interested, if its arlon, no way. ink puddles on it.

gabagoo

I guess they are packaged that way to protect them but it is a real pain opening them. Sometimes that black plastic sleeve that holds the paper around the roll thats stuffed into the core can be a real beatch to get off to.

Letterbox Mike

tubes hands down. Once you figure out the tricks to opening them they're way better than boxes. We just got a box of 15oz banner in the other day and it damn near killed me to get it open, ended up cutting up the box. I couldn't imagine trying to open a box with a 63"x150' roll of banner material. I can't really imagine the box that would survive shipping that too.

BTW I PM'd you about that banner material a while back, I'm interested in more info on it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well its coming to me in the big tubes and are screwed at both ends so I guess I will just keep it like that.

Insignia, I never got a PM??? Thats weird but I just PM'd you ok.

ProWraps

i dont understand the PITA issue. we use ultraflex. all you do is remove two small screws, pull the wood end out, and the banner slides right out.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
i dont understand the PITA issue. we use ultraflex. all you do is remove two small screws, pull the wood end out, and the banner slides right out.

Yeah Ultraflexx is great like that but I think everyone elses comes in similar but they are wrapped in this carbon looking wrapper you have to take off after its outta the tube.

Malkin

mine come with these super sized mofo staples that I have to pry off with a screwdriver.

Yeah mine too. (Key from Grimco) The staples are covered in tape making them hard to get at as well. Screws would be much better.