• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 prints black gradient as purple

PaulG2020

While using the HP 365 I have a hard time printing black gradients. They always tend to have a purple look to them. We also have the HP 700w and that machine does not have this problem.
DE8B51EE-F8E2-49CF-93EF-DD92F759CA8A.jpeg
Wondering what can be done if anything?

karst41

Turn off Color Correction.

If your other colors are basic reference your PMS Book and review.
There are times that you will need a swatch table from the art file.
Once the table is set I print it. Typically 2"hx3"w. This is not enough media to worry about,
and infact I just leave it on the roll for lead into the laminator or plotter You are going to use
that anyway and now you have 2 uses out of that 6" or 8" lead.

Now if your first swatches look like carp, run it in the next mode.
You think you losing time and media?
No Sir, you are in fact gaining a lot of time and Media at the price of near nothing.

If you are in a Production house running 8 x 570s and a few flatbeds then your procedures are much different.

Last edited:

PaulG2020

Using onyx? In job editor edit pure hues for black/grey to only use black
Using Flexi. The file was created in Corel draw. I had the customer export it in various ways to see what the problem was. No effect on final print but was noticeable differences on screen. I will try 100K and print a sample. Thanks

PaulG2020

Turn off Color Correction.

If your other colors are basic reference your PMS Book and review.
There are times that you will need a swatch table from the art file.
Once the table is set I print it. Typically 2"hx3"w. This is not enough media to worry about,
and infact I just leave it on the roll for lead into the laminator or plotter You are going to use
that anyway and now you have 2 uses out of that 6" or 8" lead.

Now if your first swatches look like carp, run it in the next mode.
You think you losing time and media?
No Sir, you are in fact gaining a lot of time and Media at the price of near nothing.

If you are in a Production house running 8 x 570s and a few flatbeds then your procedures are much different.
I will give this a shot as well. Colors did not have to be specific or match any PMS colors. Thanks

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Using Flexi. The file was created in Corel draw. I had the customer export it in various ways to see what the problem was. No effect on final print but was noticeable differences on screen. I will try 100K and print a sample. Thanks
did you export in cmyk?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I've had this issue with my printer. I had one landscaper who's prints came out blueish instead of green. i seem to recall a color correction feature that I did as well and it printed correct colors. I could not get it right. I printed 2-3 times. finally got it right.

PaulG2020

Ok so my question is do we need color correction? Is there times when the proper move is to turn color correction off as long as the result is what I wanted?