• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 3XX or HP700

Davis25r

Good morning all,

Looking to upgrade my printer here in the next few months. I got ahold of a L210 right before they were discontinued, it has been treating me well but you never know when its gunna bite the dust.

I have had my eye on a L335 or L365, but do not want to get myself in the same situation, where I buy the printer and then it gets discontinued.

Do we think the new 300 series will stay alive for some years to come, or do we think they will be short lived?

I see alot of complaints with the HP 700/800 series, so I am not sure that is the best route either.

My business is only a side hobby and not my main source of income. So therefore the business is very seasonal as it is motorsports based, so the latex is a good option for me as I can let it sit for awhile if needed without issue.

What's everyone's thoughts? Worth getting the 3XX or the 700/800?

Let me know,

Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Go with 300 series. 700 and 800 only for people who use it daily or really want the white.

300 is still not EOL and even when that day comes it will be fully supported next 5 years from that. Sure that day will come but if I had to guess it's 10 years when we are in same point as with 200 series.

Davis25r

Go with 300 series. 700 and 800 only for people who use it daily or really want the white.

300 is still not EOL and even when that day comes it will be fully supported next 5 years from that. Sure that day will come but if I had to guess it's 10 years when we are in same point as with 200 series.
Awesome response, I was unaware of thr EOL and +5 years deal. I knew the 300 series was released a few years ago but was unsure of HPs lifespan on certain series lines.

darinmcd

Premium Subscriber
I bought a HP 800W and absolutely love it. It pretty much runs itself and heads are only $100 and are plug and play. I still have a Seiko I'm running but I'm hoping to get another 800 to replace it.

rjssigns

If it's just a side hustle what about a 115? Could get brand with a warranty new for around 7 grand. That way you get factory support.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Either is a good option. The 300 series already have all the bugs ironed out of them as they have been out for a long time. From our experience the 700 and 800 series mostly had firmware issues and HP has taken care of most of it. Personally I prefer the updates done to the 700 and 800 series over the 300 series. I see you are located in PA, we are located in northern NJ and have a 800W on display. If you would like we would be happy to arrange a demo so you can see the 700/800 series first hand. Whichever series you decided to go with we would love to help you out with your next purchase.