• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Designjet 1055cm plus

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I was given an HP designjet 1055cm plus. I don't know anything about it. Can anyone tell me what windows platform it will run (I have windowsn7), what material it will print on, and am I just wasting my time trying to get it to work? It has been sitting a long time without any use.

ikarasu

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/bpp02458

Tells you compatible.windows versions...(Newest isn't listed but I imagine it'd still work) as well as media it prints on.

Depending on how long it's been sitting it may not be worth it. Clogged heads are a pain...they may have been damaged before, so you could be wasting hours of your time. If it's been a really long time.the ink lines may be dried up and need replacing.. As well as a slew of.other problems.

Throw a roll of paper in and do a test print via the panel, should give you an idea if it's in running condition or not.

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I did a test print from the panel. It did a very light print on it. Some didn't print the other was hard to see but readable. The panel says there is ink in each color except black, but each printhead is either to the monitor stage or already needs to be replaced.

ikarasu

Well, luckily these are thermal heads a d not piezo which cost $2-3000 each.

Heads are about $110-130... So it's not TOO big of a cost to replace them. The ink lines may be fine.. If not its not too bad to replace them either. But they're closed off so it should be OK.

It depends if it fits into your business model. They're good for posters, vellum for screens...pretty good for canvas, etc.

You can get some aqeuous compatible vinyl... But it's like 5x the cost of solvent/latex vinyl.

Most of these printers these days sell to home builders who need to print blueprints and drafts, or real estate agents needing to produce a mockup.

They're slow, I don't think the ink is meant for outdoor durability... They have their uses, but they're limited.

It's pretty much a big desktop printer. Mainly for paper printing