• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jmasten

Hello. New here. I have an HP FB750 and I am getting this error: A-UV-32 UV User-end shutter error. User-end shutter failed to move.
Note: I got it few times and I would clear it and could go on and print. Now it happens immediately and I can't print.

I have unplugged, let sit, then restart.
I have removed, then recalibrated the UV Shutter home position. (It moves fine with the buttons when I calibrate)
I have checked the shutter and changed it out to a different one from an old user-end uv housing that came with the printer. I actually installed it as well, to see if it worked. Wasn't sure why the previous owner would keep a part that didn't work, but it wasn't labeled in any way. I could just tell it wasn't new. It gave a different error about no-bulb current with this one. So I removed it and used the shutter from it and put it onto the other one since I read online it can get stress cracks and cause an error. I didn't see any, but thought I would try it since I had it. This did not fix the error.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get the error to go away and not finding any details on whatever the sensor is that HP put on the printer. The shutter moves when I calibrate it, so it seems like the motor is functioning. Really don't want to spend $2600 for a new one if I don't have to. Also, seems odd this will be the 3rd one installed on this printer and it doesn't have very many hours of printing.

Thanks in advance for any help!