• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 printer

robsonr

Hi everybody,

I am new to this business and I appreciate any feedback. I got an offer to buy HP L25500 printer. I would like to know, considering that it is a used printer, what I should be looking out for and checking in terms of potential problems. Which parts are costly on this printer and very likely to be worn out (the age of the printer is 4 years).

I would also appreciate feedback on a latex printer technology as such. Would you recommend it over eco solvent?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

KevSign

Check belt - print head - total square feet if too much depend on the price.

Advantage than Eco-Solvent low maintenance, some services you can fix, no banding most print
Dis-advantage depend your market some medias not friendly to print.

But our shop all HP Latex!

robsonr

Advantage than Eco-Solvent low maintenance, some services you can fix, no banding most print

Thank you for the prompt reply.
When you say check belt, what exactly I need to check on the belt?

dale911

President
check internal server

When the machine is setup and powered up, you should be able to log in to the internal server of the printer with the IP address. It will tell you how much substrate has been through it and how much of the 3 service kits have been used. Kit 3 is about $800 or so from what I have been told, but it takes a long time to use it up I bought my machine with 20k feet through it and put another 10k through it and the kit is only at 13% used.