• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L28500 error 03:10 upon starting

MonsterBabyBLN

Dear community.. I know old printer.. but I luv him :)

there was an old thread about it but no conclusion to the problem.. the used L28500 that I bought didnt fire up.. I bought a new PSU.. and then it started initializing until 32% ... then throws error 03:10 ... faulty PSU..

I tried another PSU.. same situation.. I switched the PrintMech.. same situation..

I canoot start in diagnostic mode.. as it stally before that.. at 32%...

Any help on which part the printer trys to initiate at 32% that is broken ?..

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Something is not getting power. I would triple check all the cables, every pin, all connections.
Then you can also try to check every LED status and see if any gives info.

MonsterBabyBLN

the question.. what is not getting power ?.. I checked everything numerous times.
I compare it to the printer that is running well..
The blue and amber LED are on
The three formatter LEDs are on
and on the PrintMech the LEDs are on.. BUT DS 7.. that doesnt come on.. and the extra PSU doesnt come on either.. its on upon starting and checking.. But from my other printer I know.. this comes on later during the initializing process.. after 50%..
So I need to know.. WHAT happens at 32%

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would chase the DS7. Even tho I thought I have seen the boot order, I could not find it at the moment.

If any of them are off, power from the corresponding voltage line is not reaching the PrintMech PCA. There could be a problem with the cable connections from the other electronic boards to the PrintMech PCA, in the Power Supply Unit, or in the PrintMech PCA itself. If none of these resolves the problem, you can also replace the cables.

MonsterBabyBLN

when I shut off the printer after the error from the front panel it goes into standby.. Amber light on at the back.. AND DS7 and the extra 24V PSU comes on, too..
but when I start up,.. everything goes off.. and then during initialization LED after LED come back on.. all three Formatter LEDs are on.. BUT.. 24V PSU and DS7 dont come on again.. but like i said.. they come on way later than 32% anyhow..
So I am pretty sure it is something else that stops... before even attempting DS7 ..

you know what I mean ?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
1715092192404.png

MonsterBabyBLN

I wonder if there is any chance how to find out WHAT is happening during the initialization proces.. the queue in which it checks and powers up with parts.. and see where it actually gets stuck.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No, I don't think you can find it. I'm guessing it's trying to lift up the 24V rail but fails.
"100% tested" doesn't mean anything... I would return and buy new ones.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well let me give you another way to try. You can unplug everything possible, then start plugging in one by one and see where things get stuck.
It's one way for difficult problems but will take some time, might help or not.

Last edited:

cornholio

Can be quite tricky without deeper knowledge of the machine.
I had a L560 restart at 58%.
After that, a fuse was burned on the printmech board. (The official solution was to use a new PCA... costing a lot.)

HP gave me some hints, as to what happens at 58-60% during boot up.

A collegue of mine replaced the SRK before this happened.
Finally, it was a short with the print zone fans...
Try to diagnose this, when a board burns every time you start...
Almost impossible without knowing, what the printer does.

I have a document describing the boot sequence of the L300, but there is nothing around 30%, so it won't help.