• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP1050C Printhead path Error (2)

Hello Guys and maybe Girls and all at Signs 101,
I know this seems to have been discussed to death but after searching to near death I am still unable to rectify the current problem I have with my HP1050C plotter.

I bought it about a week ago as working but it became apparent quite quickly that this was not the case. Unfortunately I was unable to see it working when I purchased it (I know I know stupid and all that :( )

Anyway, I was getting 'Check Printhead Path Error (1) and sometimes (2) when I first powered it up. Checked the best I could to see if anything was jammed in the machine somewhere such as a piece of paper but all was clear. Cleaned and oil the rails inside and still the same result.

I searched around the read that it 'May' be the belt that needs replacing so promptly ordered a genuine belt from an online retailer.

I stripped it down to fit the belt ready for when the belt was delivered and also noticed that the tensioner wedge was broken (One of the barbs were missing so it wouldn't lock back) so I ordered a new tensioner assembly too, for the sake of £29.00 or so it was worth eliminating this as giving problems down the line and also upon checking the pulley I noticed the bearing was very rough when rotating.

Anyway, items arrived within a day or so and off I went to install the bits.

Followed the intructions on the service manual to the T and installed the new bits. ensuring I done the continuity check etc.

The moment came when it was time to see if my labour had paid off!!!

It didn't and now I have the 'Check Printhead Path Error (2)

Everything is back where it should be, the old belt was buggered and the motor pinion was clogged with old belt. All cleaned before new betl was fitted.

I stripped the Service/Cleaning station to bits and cleaned everything so it's as new, checked all runways and gears etc and is running as smooth as. Installed a complete set of brand new Printheads as these came with the printer as spares. Everything is clean and double checked for correct fitting etc, all I was unable to do was realing/adjust the carriage although I am not sure this needs to be done when the belt is replaced. On a side note, I noticed that the rear bushing spring on the carriage is missing, wasn't one there to start with so not sure if this will give me problems.

I have also uploaded a video to You-Tube so you can see whats going on. You'll see that in the video the print carriage shoots to the middle and then the plotter gives the error, it either lands in the middle of the rails or will shoot out of either side just clearing the side housings.

Video of my plotter doing it's thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSO32Zm4qU4

Thank you all so much in advance for any advice you can offer and sorry for the wall of text.

Best Wishes

Chris
Apocalypse Graphics

P.S. I plan to hang around too so please do not think I am only here to try and solve my plotter issues :thankyou: