• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am Amazed...Daily.

SkyHighJK

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some of you are at identifying Fonts! It seems like every day someone posts looking for help and within MINUTES a member is there with (what seems like) the right information.

Just thought I'd share that I am VERY impressed! Is it simply years of experience and a well-trained eye? Some sort of software-aid? Either way, it's pretty awesome, and great to see so many people coming to the rescue so quickly!

-Jordan

DerbyCitySignGuy

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some of you are at identifying Fonts! It seems like every day someone posts looking for help and within MINUTES a member is there with (what seems like) the right information.

Just thought I'd share that I am VERY impressed! Is it simply years of experience and a well-trained eye? Some sort of software-aid? Either way, it's pretty awesome, and great to see so many people coming to the rescue so quickly!

-Jordan

It's a little bit of both. There are both software and websites that can help ID fonts, but they're not perfect. That's when knowing what you're looking for/at helps.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
One day we were asked to reproduce a wrap for our county sheriff's office. They had no clue what the font was and it was so deteriorated that I couldn't even get a good photo to trace. A little later that afternoon I pulled into a parking lot and low and behold in front of me is graphics on a metal door using the same font. I snapped a photo and was able to use software to recognize it.

Ironically the font is called "Crackhouse" LOL

Brink

myront
One day we were asked to reproduce a wrap for our county sheriff's office. They had no clue what the font was and it was so deteriorated that I couldn't even get a good photo to trace. A little later that afternoon I pulled into a parking lot and low and behold in front of me is graphics on a metal door using the same font. I snapped a photo and was able to use software to recognize it.

Ironically the font is called "Crackhouse" LOL​

Without a doubt that was done as a practical joke by the designer. LOL

SkyHighJK

LOL, that's wonderful. :Big Laugh Love it when the world just kind of gives you a gift like that, HA!

S'N'S

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't spend a few dollars on "find my font". I use it all the time as its so quick, searches all my fonts (over 40,000) and searches the web as well.
Find my font is a must have program.

kheebl

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't spend a few dollars on "find my font". I use it all the time as its so quick, searches all my fonts (over 40,000) and searches the web as well.
Find my font is a must have program.

Find My Font is the best $49 I have spent

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Why pay $49 for a program, when JHill or Tikiboyz will tell you in minutes after posting the thread??

To start a wtf thread, you should have to be a premium member.

:signs101:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Why pay $49 for a program, when JHill or Tikiboyz will tell you in minutes after posting the thread??

To start a wtf thread, you should have to be a premium member.

:signs101:

Your statement reflects a lack of understanding of what pays the bills. Identifying unknown typefaces is not only a needed service for many members, but also brings us additional traffic and new members. That traffic, in turn, makes Signs 101 more attractive to suppliers and causes them to purchase merchant subscriptions and banner advertising.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
True, I don't know how many premium members you have. I would think you would get 100 or more premium members/year if wtf was restricted access. $5k+/year more.

I have ads blocked on all sites, so banners have no meaning to me.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
True, I don't know how many premium members you have. I would think you would get 100 or more premium members/year if wtf was restricted access. $5k+/year more.

Or we could see a decline in membership as well as activity.

I have ads blocked on all sites, so banners have no meaning to me.

There are two problems with that as I see it ...

1. Ad blockers reduce the results our advertisers get causing some not to continue causing those revenues to be lost to Signs 101.

2. You miss out on deals and information that could add to your bottom line.