• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I don't think this fell off from any car wash

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Not the dozers and things we have to deal with. Stuff is soft, chalks, comes off easily. I've never had a pickup or car do that unless it's one with all the clearcoat gone and 20 years old.

PXL_20231017_184611718.jpg PXL_20230929_193914303.jpg PXL_20230911_193534284.jpg PXL_20230824_234411994.jpg PXL_20230802_150800201.jpg

unclebun

If we are talking about washing a car with a pressure washer and the paint is coming off, it means you are doing it wrong. Too much pressure, wrong nozzle, wrong angle, too close to the finish, or hitting edges of chipped or damaged paint.

My point is, you CAN power wash vehicles, even if they have decals or striping on them, WITHOUT damaging the decal or stripe IF you do it right, even though it is possible to remove the decal or striping with a power washer.

The orange lift you showed with damaged paint had chalked, old paint on it. And if you have a business repainting equipment, you were probably purposely trying to take the paint off it.

I've had plenty of dumptruck beds, implement trailers, asphalt tanks, and so on that even using Windex on them caused the paper towel to have paint color on it. So I don't think everyone uses Imron on them (which, by the way, can be removed with a power washer if you hit it at the wrong angle and too close. Plenty of Formula Boat owners have discovered that over the years.)

Back to the OP, if it were my customer, I'd ask which car wash he uses and take the vehicle there for the operator to see what they claim the carwash did. Unless it's a self wash place. You can do that with a self wash spray wand if you try to.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
And if you have a business repainting equipment, you were probably purposely trying to take the paint off it.
Ok buddy, you got me. We're always trying to make the paint peel off, it's like a game. Whoever does it the best gets a case of beer and 5 bucks as a prize. Nevermind what a pain in the ass it is to resurface it when that happens. Filler, high build, sand sand sand. I never said you can't pressure wash a vehicle, I simply said that decals aren't that easy to get off with a pressure washer and then you told me that I obviously don't know what I'm doing. You can double down all you want in the face of contradictory information but it doesn't make what you said right nor does it diminish what I know and see on a daily basis.