• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a printer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So you did change your profile so it wasn't misleading anymore ??

There's no news in 'not everybody owns their own sign shop'.

I don't know of a municipality around that will let someone use their facilities after hours for one's own use on a routine schedule, whether it be once a week or once a month.

Like I said, we do a lot of municipality work and all of the places have time clocks and security systems in place to make sure everyone has left the building. In fact, in Reading proper, the computer room is locked down at 4:30pm and you need a supervisor to let you in, even if you forget your jacket or keys. You need to have a good reason to be burning tax payers money burning lights, extra heat and so on to be in there. There have virtually no overtime or anything. Your area must be much more lax, but I doubt it, not with the economic times we're all experiencing.

Not trying to be the gatekeeper, just wondered how and why you were working at a government job after hours. The only boss that usually let's an employee do something like this has his hand in your pocket. But then, that's normal for most city workers and supervisors.

When one uses titles as I need or I have or I something or another, it sounds as if it's about you and your business or where you work. It wasn't until you said about working for the man, I checked your profile and that's when I saw the other things you had written, which sounded immature and non-professional. So it appeared we didn't have a real sign person in our midst, but you've proven you're just about like all the rest of the wannabees.

Sorry, if I ruffled your feathers. You can see I tried to answer you on a professional level, but that's the kinda sh!t you newbie's don't comprehend. You seem to all dwell on the negative and then get bent outta shape when someone calls you on something and get all defensive and back-pedal all around the place.

You have a good one, too BK. :Welcome:​

C

ColoPrinthead

I made a profile on here 2 years ago to read and learn as much as I could about sign making. I am not making or selling anything for my use or profit. All I meant was that the experience I pick up at work may someday be something I can use elsewhere. Wow. Touchy group...
We like to do our part to keep the pissy printer stereotype alive and well 'round hyah.

genericname

A valid argument, Pat. I'd posit though, that government is one of the only areas where in-house printing is acceptable by a non-print organization. It does suck that it doesn't support other print shops, but it creates a couple of well paid positions, with pension (and sometimes health care), and saves tax dollars by eliminating the bloated tender process, along with other red tape. In the end, they're also supporting the same supply chain that everyone else here does.

SlightlyChilled

There is no way a township can justify buying all new gear and manning that gear in a building for what ever signage they would get from supporting the little guy. I may not be saying that right but you get my point.

Lets say 50.000 for equipment 50.000 for the person that runs it. Then that person gets kick a$$ Benny's 300.00 a month i would guess..

even if the township could do 50,000 in making signs they could no do it each year unless they were replacing all the signs, cop cars township cars and fire trucks like every 6 mons