• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need old parts

SlightlyChilled

Okay I have a idea to try and make a dx-2 head cleaner on the cheap. I need some old dead heads and a old capping station. I wish I had the idea like 4 months ago when I had all the crap. I can paypal you for shipping if you don't mind giving me your old dead stuff.

Thanks

jhanson

DX2? Do you mean the heads in the Falcon? Those were actually called the DX3 (presumably since it was a 3-color head) by Epson.

SlightlyChilled

here are a DX3 and a DX2

Attachments

• dx2-print-head-for-roland-fj50-52-cj400-500-600.jpg
    dx2-print-head-for-roland-fj50-52-cj400-500-600.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 257-f12bd8cb-5860-404e-88d9-7732088639dd-middle.jpg
    257-f12bd8cb-5860-404e-88d9-7732088639dd-middle.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 78

jhanson

I beg to differ.

http://ftp.epson.com/pdf/pro9k_/pro9k_sl.pdf

The Epson Stylus Pro 9000 was built by Mutoh and is basically the same platform as the Falcon Indoor 46. This is the ONLY literature from Epson that designates the head as a "DX" series. The DX3 has 3 channels of 128 nozzles per color.

The single-channel head in the Falcon Jr (which was used in the Epson Stylus COLOR 3000) is only called a "MicroPiezo" head by Epson and has 128 nozzles.

The so-called "DX4", "DX5", "DX6", and "DX7" heads are pure conjecture and Epson calls them something completely different. If you want to really identify the Epson model, the circuit boards are all marked with different model numbers.

SlightlyChilled

What ever is in the Epson I have no clue." nor care" Here is what I know. I look up a new print head for a falcon outdoor and from all the stuff on signs 101 the Falcon outdoor has a dx2 head. I look up a dx2 and that's what I find. It works just fine. I look up dx3 and I see no heads that look like mine. Now if there is also a dx3 that looks like the one in my falcon great. Then I am would be wrong OR just maybe we are both right...

jhanson

Sorry, I'm basically just being overly technical here.

Most people refer to the single-channel Falcon head as a DX2 for lack of any better reference. Epson only called it a MicroPiezo head.

The three-channel Falcon head is officially the MicroPiezo DX3.

The two-channel head used in most Falcon II, Mimaki and Roland printers is from the Epson 10000, and that one got nicknamed the DX4. Epson just called it a MicroPiezo head.

The eight-channel head used from everything from the Epson 4000 to the Mutoh ValueJet and every Chinese printer in between got nicknamed the DX5 since it was the "fifth generation" head. Epson called this one the MicroPiezo AMC.

The repackaged eight-channel head used in the GS6000 and new model Mutoh ValueJets is still called a MicroPiezo AMC by Epson. Mutoh calls it something entirely different. Everyone else calls it a DX6.

The latest Epson head, the 10-channel one used in the Stylus Pro 9900, is called the MicroPiezo AMC. Everyone else calls it a DX7.

Confusing enough?

Angus23

ANGUS23
Sorry, I'm basically just being overly technical here.

Most people refer to the single-channel Falcon head as a DX2 for lack of any better reference. Epson only called it a MicroPiezo head.

The three-channel Falcon head is officially the MicroPiezo DX3.

The two-channel head used in most Falcon II, Mimaki and Roland printers is from the Epson 10000, and that one got nicknamed the DX4. Epson just called it a MicroPiezo head.

The eight-channel head used from everything from the Epson 4000 to the Mutoh ValueJet and every Chinese printer in between got nicknamed the DX5 since it was the "fifth generation" head. Epson called this one the MicroPiezo AMC.

The repackaged eight-channel head used in the GS6000 and new model Mutoh ValueJets is still called a MicroPiezo AMC by Epson. Mutoh calls it something entirely different. Everyone else calls it a DX6.

The latest Epson head, the 10-channel one used in the Stylus Pro 9900, is called the MicroPiezo AMC. Everyone else calls it a DX7.

Confusing enough?
Nice info Jhanson..... Im collecting those kinds of heads. Thanks for the info. Wiki Jhanson!!! : )

Dave Rowland

yeah Nice info Jhanson, i be honest THIS is what makes the difference between printers, not the sales talk, the actual information about Head development!

ruckusman

I know where you're going with this and good on you, attach a peristaltic pump to the cappping station and you've got a cleaning station

IMHO opinion this is much more preferrable to using pump pressure at the manifold, why - because it's the way all of the printers work in real life to keep the nozzles clean

peace out