• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

i need SC-540 to automatic cleaning while i'm away

kffernandez

i need SC-540 to automatically clean while i'm away

hi!

i know this has been discussed before. but i would like to know the exact stuff i need to do so that my SC-540 would initiate its cleaning cycle while i am asleep/out for the weekend/on vacation/etc. i hope you guys don't mind, but i really need to be sure it will clean itself, and not welcome me with blocked heads when i get back.

currently, i turn everything off, and just makes sure i open it every 24 hours to do a normal cleaning if in case i don't use it - but it simply is too tedious.

i'm not entirely sure what settings i need to do in order to achieve this. and i really can't sit beside my printer the whole day to check if it actually does clean itself during the 24 hour period. So, since i'm sure somebody here has an experience with this model :), could you please tell me the settings i need to do, and which power switches need to be on so that it would surely clean itself?

i have the latest firmware installed ver 7.7 i think, and can access the service menu if required.

any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

kelly

Last edited:

Ragnabrok

So long as the main power switch on the back is still on, it will periodically wake after periods of inactivity to clean. I can't remember what that period of time is, but the number 20 hours pops in my head for some reason.

I cant immediately recall any way to actively disable this short of unplugging the machine.