• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I want a classy font!

showcase 66

I am doing a some business cards for a local ReMax here and the this local branch has 2 standards they want for their cards. Basically you get your picture or you get a balloon. Fonts all need to be the same from each card.

They got a new agent who used to have her own business until she was just bought out. She was told that the cards would look a certain way and they would get her a proof. I deal with the Manager at the agency and usually never with the actual agent. She has sent me email after email wanting the color changed on this text and a different color on this one. I respond everytime with the same thing. Per the contract with the Remax you are working under, I am only able to offer you these two options.

Her last email came in with this:
Is there any other font that can be used? I’m used to a little more classy look. Can you try with Times New Roman.

First, She still doesnt get the whole you cant change anything on the card.
Second, I didn't know Times New Roman was a classy font? Its not even installed on my computer.

Kinda curious to know if when someone says they want a classy font, if Times New Roman comes to mind? Not for me.

Border

caN'T IMAGINE HOW YOU GET BY IN THIS BIZ WITHOUT tIMES NEW ROMAN INSTALLED THOUGH, EVEN IF JUST FOR OPENING EXISITNG FILES.

(STUPID CAPS LOCK WAS ON AGAIN) DOH!! not gonna re-type

:doh:

OldPaint

HOW MUCH DIFFERENT IS TIMES NEW ROMAN.........from what is offered? just give her the "classy look of times new roman!!" this is to friggin funny)))))

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Classy to some people is a bottle of Hiedsieck 1907 Diamant Bleu cuvée, to others, a Coors Light poured in a cold Mason jar... Times Roman is the Colt 45 of typefaces...

showcase 66

Just to shut her up I would give her the TNR but the head guy does not want anything changed. He is the one who has to give the final approval. He emailed me to make sure that the cards look the same and not to give in to her on the changes. If I do, he will go somewhere else to get them done so that all cards are the same. Since he is the one who is paying for them, he is the one who is getting what they want.

As for the difference in font. The broker does not like fonts with "feet" as he says and wants more straight lines. He likes Arial on all his stuff and the Cards are all done in Myriad Pro font.

From what I am gathering, she wants to be the one that bucks the system in there and make changes. What she doesnt know, is that this guy is known for kicking agents out for not following his rules under his name.

Will be interesting.

Cards are already ordered with the way he wants not her and pretty much that is that.

And I do have times new roman just not on this computer.

If by classy she means old like back in grade school. Then I would say Times is classy. Tell her that you will change it and then send her a proof back. Then just wait an hour and send her the same file back. If she says something. Tell her I did change it but then because of the contract I had to change it back. Problem Solved.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would stop wasting your time and just include the office manager in and ask her to set this person straight.

First of all, it's a business card, not a wedding invitation. People read them for the information they hold. Explain to the manager, this new agent of theirs is not following their own rules and let her adjust her panties. Re-Max and many of the others have corporate guidelines which need to be followed. If she wants to stray from the guides, let her know how much the company or she as an individual is gonna pay in addition and I'll bet you'll have your final proof in one hour.

showcase 66

Whenever people bring up classy business cards (without knowing anything about it) I always think of this movie scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ux3vncNNLg :)

HAHAHA Havent seen that movie in a long time.

Whats even more funny is the pic she sent me to put on the card. Circa 1988. She looks to weigh about 120 in the pic but in reality she is about double that size.

Just met her when I stopped in to drop off another realtors cards.

Do they really think a 20+ year old pic is the best option. If I saw her card and then went in to meet her to buy a house, I would be wondering what else she is lying about.