• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ID Cut not Selectable in Rasterlinks

Mr.Kloud

We have a UCJV300 and a CG-AR 130. We do stickers and typically set up the quantity and the regisrtration marks in rasterlinks and cut on UCJV.
This was ok when we starting up but now since we're getting volume we need to split the print and cut workflow between the cutter and the printer.

Problem is that the only way to send the cut file made for arrangement in rasterlinks to CG-AR is through ID Cut. However, ID cut does not allow us to select it in RasterLinks in the print set up menu.
We've done the cutting link install and set up the printer and cutter in both cutting link and raster links as well. We're using the same computer for cutting and printing and choose the server option.

Our set up is as follows:

Printer -- Enthernet -- Computer
Cutter -- USB -- Computer

If anyone can guide we'd greatly appreciate as its starting to bog down production.

Smoke_Jaguar

About to run an identical setup here, it's looking like it'll require a different cut software. I know Flexi and Onyx can probably do it well. We're going full on cheap and just using Vinylmaster for the cuts and sending the prints off through Rasterlink. UCJV has been a great printer, but holy heck is that cutter SLOW.

If you've started using it, how is the GG-130AR treating you? Price seems great, cheaper than some used cutters and has better specs than the FXII (older) series.

Mr.Kloud

About to run an identical setup here, it's looking like it'll require a different cut software. I know Flexi and Onyx can probably do it well. We're going full on cheap and just using Vinylmaster for the cuts and sending the prints off through Rasterlink. UCJV has been a great printer, but holy heck is that cutter SLOW.

If you've started using it, how is the GG-130AR treating you? Price seems great, cheaper than some used cutters and has better specs than the FXII (older) series.
CG-AR is good for the price point. Its not going to cut like a Summa or Graphtec or have all of those functions.

But its relatively easy to set up and cuts pretty well for things like stickers, decals and labels. Its night and day in terms of speed versus the UCJV.

Let us know how vinylmaster works out for you.

Smoke_Jaguar

Vinylmaster doesn't have CG-AR series commands, so going to have to try using a CG-FX or similar driver and see if that works once we get one. Though, Futuresoft tends to be pretty good about updating their drivers somewhat quickly.