• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideal portable table to take on install sites.

We have several of the folding/locking plastic types. They are not ideal, mostly because they aren’t flat across the table. The fold makes them somewhat concave. Any recommendations for really great portable work tables?

TIA.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
wait, y'all have portable work tables? i have an aluminum bench that the legs swing out on that i take on installs. i can climb on it and set things on it. i've never had a table.
I love those little benches. I bought one and it ended up flying out the back of my truck. Bought another one and it escaped on the freeway... little buggers love to levitate and fly away.

rjssigns

We have several of the folding/locking plastic types. They are not ideal, mostly because they aren’t flat across the table. The fold makes them somewhat concave. Any recommendations for really great portable work tables?

TIA.
What about building some? Could use 80/20 extrusions covered with aluminum deck planks.

Moze

Precision Sign Services

TIA.

For what kind of work?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I love those little benches. I bought one and it ended up flying out the back of my truck. Bought another one and it escaped on the freeway... little buggers love to levitate and fly away.
Wait, you've had two (2) fly out of your truck?

Evan Gillette

Depending on the job, a bakers scaffold is both useful as a table and work platform, not nearly as portable as a folding table though.

Steenland

Old Member
Here's what I use, though it's not really a table. It's one of those hand trucks that folds into a cart. I use it to roll in the bin that holds the tools and stuff, then I take out the stuff I need and put it on top of the bin. The advantage is that it rolls around with me to the specific spot where I'm working.

Attachments

• Work cart.jpg
    Work cart.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 205

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
For outside use if you have a truck you can get some aluminum extrusion and build a ladder rack that will fit the bed (feet on the deck) up over the cab - held to the bed's tie-down points with turnbuckles or ratchet straps. Aluminum sheet or plywood for the tabletop.
Use it to haul the sign & ladders out to the install - slide the rack out and use it as a table or short scaffold (if OSHA has the day off). Mine was welded steel 1.5" tubing about 16 ft long (overhanging the cab and rear bumper) 4ft wide and 40" tall. Worked well, outlasted the Tacoma, but was a little heavy for one man to load - unload.

visual800

I always used a cart and placed inflatable tires on it so it could go across dirt or gavel, plety of room on top of it and under it