• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator CC alignment problem

paul luszcz

I mentioned on a thread a few weeks ago that I was downloading Illustrator and Photoshop CC. I have a Creative Could subscription but was unaware that a new version was available.

I have a problem with Illustrator CC that is causing me to revert back to Illustrator CS6.

I'm used to aligning artwork to the artboard by simply selecting one item and then selecting the intended alignment (center horizontally for example). Done.

In CC nothing happens. I've looked but can't find any preference for this and don't know if they discontinued the feature or hid it in some menu or other.

Or is this a bug? If so, where do you all find info on things like that in the Creative Suite? Do they have a more detailed bulletin board similar to this?

Supergirl

I would ask on their forums. I assure you the functionality is still there.

I kept CS6 for a while, just in case, and until I figured out the "other" quirks, but it's all there.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I mentioned on a thread a few weeks ago that I was downloading Illustrator and Photoshop CC. I have a Creative Could subscription but was unaware that a new version was available.

I have a problem with Illustrator CC that is causing me to revert back to Illustrator CS6.

I'm used to aligning artwork to the artboard by simply selecting one item and then selecting the intended alignment (center horizontally for example). Done.

In CC nothing happens. I've looked but can't find any preference for this and don't know if they discontinued the feature or hid it in some menu or other.

Or is this a bug? If so, where do you all find info on things like that in the Creative Suite? Do they have a more detailed bulletin board similar to this?

here...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 9.28.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 9.28.53 AM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 119

paul luszcz

Eric, thank you, that's what I was looking for. That's two things I learned from you today; I also watched a demo of you vectorizing a logo and learned the arrow keys can be used to change the radius of a rounded rectangle!

In the future, for items that can't be resolved here where do I find Adobe forums?