• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator cs 6 help

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Hi! I don't post much on here (another newbie) but I am hoping someone can help with this one! The file of course is way to large to put on here but I can figure something out if you all need to see it.

Can anyone tell me how to get the image within a complex design that has a perspective grid outside the image to resize? This is a purchased image that a client wanted and my Signlab 9 just won't pull it in and print with quality so I need to print directly from AI.
When I resized the artboard to necessary size that put the image inside it smaller as it takes into account the perspective grid.
I admit I don't do much with AI but this one has me stumped and I can't seem to find it in the help files.

Let me know if my description lacks clarity-it is late and I just thought I would throw this out there so thanks in advance!

MikePro

got some screenshots?
maybe try saving as a .pdf? This clips the file to the size/contents of the artboard, whereas .ai & .eps includes everything outside of the artboard.

regardless, i'm a big fan of taking complex .AI artwork layouts and just bringing in to photoshop to flatten. just a thought.

Silvertip

Cs 6 Help

Not sure how to expand the appearance. I have attached a screenshot that should help clarify. I will try the photoshop idea too never thought of that!

Thanks a lot guys for tips!

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 81

ForgeInc

Hmmm, how big is your art and how big is the artboard?

Oftentimes if anything is past the edges of the artboard it won't let you do any kind of scaling.

You may need to build your art @ 50% size and then print or output your final PDF @ 200%.

Another option would be to have your artboard bigger than you need it at first, then scale your art to final size, and then resize your artboard to whatver you need.

Hope these idears make sense!

Silvertip

File help

I will send file tomorrow it was too busy today to try anything. Would anyone be interested
In fixing it up for me to print in panels if so let me know how much lol
Thanks !