• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

illustrator gradient question

crny1

Not sure how to accomplish this as I dont use gradients much but in this instance I need to. This is probably a easy task for most.
I have a rectangle with a 4 color gradient in it. dark blue, blue, yellow and red. The problem is between the blue and yellow there is a natural area of green. How do you elimnate this green area when there are no green selected for the gradient? Thanks

AKwrapguy

Not sure how to accomplish this as I dont use gradients much but in this instance I need to. This is probably a easy task for most.
I have a rectangle with a 4 color gradient in it. dark blue, blue, yellow and red. The problem is between the blue and yellow there is a natural area of green. How do you elimnate this green area when there are no green selected for the gradient? Thanks

Not sure on this either but you can try placing another color between of the color that you want, can also try creating each color gradient in a different layer and maybe place a white gradient in between the colors that are giving you problems.

unclebun

You can't make a gradient from blue to yellow without going through green. It's just how colors work.

The question is why you want it to do that. Are you trying to copy something? If so, look to see what they did to give the illusion of a gradient from blue to yellow without going through green.

The most you can do with a gradient of only those colors is to make the width of the green area as narrow as possible.

crny1

Only thing I am trying to copy is the comapnies colors which does not include green. It is what they want on a background for a wrap. I completely understand that it will produce green, just trying to figure out if there is a way of eliminating it. Thought someone may have a illustrator trick to make it work.

Awd_GT

How about blue to white or transparent. Then another layer of yellow to white or transparent and but them together (do not overlap or it will create green)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only way to eliminate the green is to probably have the gradient go from blue to white and then white to yellow. So basically instead of green it will be white in between.

Sandman

Is that too much green? On my screen it isn't much green, it's just sorta hazy where it goes from blue to yellow

Attachments

• Gradient.jpg
    Gradient.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 305

iraney

A gradient like this? kind of hard to guess unless you upload a sample.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 301

crny1

Thanks all. I got it looking pretty similar to Sandmans and the client is fine with it.

Sounds like a horrible background color (gradient) for a wrap. Just sayin.
Good thing your opinion, nor my opinion counts. Only the client thats dishing out the money for it............