• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustratorplugin for weeding lines

AnteVante

Is there any Illustratorplugin that can do weeding lines?
I use cutstudio and that feature doesnt excist.

So If you know a way to get weeding lines in illustrator It would be great.

SignManiac

I think you can buy a plug in that creates a sophisticated rectangle around your lettering using four individual straight line tangents. I don't recall the name of the plugin? Something like Rectasuraus Plus.

Mike_Koval

The rectangle tool workwill work nicely in illustrator. Once you design is complete...select the rectangle tool...draw a box around your design...there is your weed box

AnteVante

But i need weed lines
If i have a text and then dra weed lines over it I want the lines to just cut around the letters and not cut them in half.

jiarby

You can make them yourself in 45seconds. I do it in Corel. Probably similar in Illy.

make a rectangle around the object
draw the weed line where you want it
duplicate the text object, convert to curves
select the text (curves now) and the line
back minus front

ta-da...

Attachments

• plugin.jpg
    plugin.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 269

AnteVante

I can´t seem to find any back minus front in Illustrator.
The only thing is divide and that leave the lines in the "curved" text only

rcook99

You can make them yourself in 45seconds. I do it in Corel. Probably similar in Illy.

make a rectangle around the object
draw the weed line where you want it
duplicate the text object, convert to curves
select the text (curves now) and the line
back minus front

ta-da...

Why can't you just create your box, draw your weed line, and weld it to the text. By doing the weld it will not cut through your letters. just my .02

TheSnowman

Yea, if you don't want to do it that way, I use Fine Cut. Don't know if I'd pay for it, but it's what Mimaki uses I think....not 100% where it came from.

AnteVante

Im not sure I understand what you meen by weld it to the text?
My english isn´t that good
Neither my Illustrator skills :)

AnteVante

I´ve tried the pathfinder but there is aproblem to get weeding lines.
They cut through the text (or other object) when I import to cut studio

Techman

But pay 300euro for getting weeding lines...

WEll, you get so much more with cocut that its worth every penny..

Just get the trial and see for yourself...

I have never had to bang my head against a wall using this software. Just design and cut.. My 13 yr old boy uses it for his school projects,, It is so easy...

I obtained it years ago with version 9 and used it with corel 9, and illy, and free hand, and autocad. So in essence I have four sign cutting programs. Anyone can send me any file and its cut.. All too easy..

signmeup

Can't you enable "snap to objects" and draw lines with the pen tool where you want them cut? (It's probably called something completely irrelevent to the task in Illustrator.)