• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm sure it's been covered - grey reflective?

letterman7

Usually printed, I know. Just got a job for a PD who's existing fleet is pretty much all grey reflective striping and copy. I told them upfront that the color match wasn't going to happen, and even when I print weird colors like grey on reflective there's always that strange tint when it reflects. I've found actual grey reflective HTV (heat transfer vinyl) which would be perfect, but.. So if there is a heat transfer grey, why not a 6mil self adhesive?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I usually print gray, but is there a gray translucent/transparent option you could use for an overlay like a street sign?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I have the same issue with a gray / silver for one of the nearby county sheriff departments. I usually print out about 50 2"x4" swatches in two profiles, which look dramatically different to one another, and let them choose. Nothing is ever going to be a 100% match as I am not using my competitor's printer and RIP software.

letterman7

I usually print gray, but is there a gray translucent/transparent option you could use for an overlay like a street sign?
That's what I was looking for - transparent, not translucent - since it would still have to reflect. The only two "grey" that I could find have a very brown tint to them.