• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing a DXF file into LXI

I have no experience. I have printed a few signs. I want to draw my own design, save it to a DXF file. Then import it into LXI for cutting. When I try to do this I get nowhere. I just have the basic software. I was told that I can do this by a lady on the phone at sign warehouse. I need step by step instruction. Please help. I have a vinyl express R series II R31 cutter.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
LXI is Sign Warehouse's re-branded version of Flexi and, as such, importing a DXF file should be as simple as File->Import... I do it all the time but into Flexi, not LXI.

If this is not working then perhaps dealing with DXF files is version sensitive. As I recall LXI.Super_Gold_Turbo_XL_Humongous is the equivalent of Flexi.Ordinary. and there is no version of LXI that is the equivalent of Flexi.Pro. That and the scissorbills at Sign Warehouse have a reputation for talking out of their nether regions.

LXI is Sign Warehouse's re-branded version of Flexi and, as such, importing a DXF file should be as simple as File->Import... I do it all the time but into Flexi, not LXI.

If this is not working then perhaps dealing with DXF files is version sensitive. As I recall LXI.Super_Gold_Turbo_XL_Humongous is the equivalent of Flexi.Ordinary. and there is no version of LXI that is the equivalent of Flexi.Pro. That and the scissorbills at Sign Warehouse have a reputation for talking out of their nether regions.

Is Flexi a very expensive program? Are you saying it probably isn't possible with the basic LXI that I have?

NickB

I have no clue if this information is helpful, but I use DXF files for a plasma cutter. When I have Spline line types in the drawing they will cause the file to no load properly. Just throwing out an idea.