• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In design files?

Signed Out

I have a customer who provides artwork as pdf files. according to the customer, the pdf files are created in In Design and then converted to high res pdfs. When I receive the files I open them in Acrobat becasue I usually do not have all the fonts that they use and opening in acrobat and saving as a pdf allows me to use the file without having all the fonts in it. The problem is that sometimes things like degree symbols and even drop shadows are being left out. I have asked her to save the files as pdfs with the text converted to outlines so I don't have to open them in acrobat, but she says that she can't do that in In
Design. I never use In Design, so I am not too familiar with it. Is she correct, can she not save her work as a vector with text converted to outlines in In Design. Would the best solution be to have her save the artwork as a high res jpg or tiff? Can that be done in In Design?

omgsideburns

She's incorrect.

Indesign-OUTLINES.jpg

WildWestDesigns

What version of InDesign is she using? I do not believe all versions have that ability. I have only used InDesign in CS5 and it is able to do that, but giving how people like to hold onto software and not upgrade very time, it is possible that she is using an older version.

Otherwise, she is incorrect as has been already shown.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I normally open the PDF in Photoshop and save that out as JPG or TIF. Photoshop doesn't try to replace fonts...now if you want to edit the file, this won't work.