• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

incredibly realistic paintings

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You are completely missing the point. The reason they look so mechanical looking and the the subject manner is so "uninspired" is EXACTLY the point. I would submit the point of these pieces is to do nothing but show off technical skill.

I would also bet your reply "why not just take a photograph" is EXACTLY the response he is hoping for. It's because he is showing that he can paint something that looks exactly like a photo with pigment and brush. I would bet if these pieces were shown without explanation 99% of viewers would think they are photos.

Sure, anyone can take a photo, but who has the ability to paint something by hand and make it look exactly like a photo?

That's the point (I think).

All the above aside, I have been a fan of super realistic paintings for a while, and have never seen anything come lose to what this guy produces, simply amazing.

+1

Guerilla Signs

You are completely missing the point. The reason they look so mechanical looking and the the subject manner is so "uninspired" is EXACTLY the point. I would submit the point of these pieces is to do nothing but show off technical skill.

I would also bet your reply "why not just take a photograph" is EXACTLY the response he is hoping for. It's because he is showing that he can paint something that looks exactly like a photo with pigment and brush. I would bet if these pieces were shown without explanation 99% of viewers would think they are photos.

Sure, anyone can take a photo, but who has the ability to paint something by hand and make it look exactly like a photo?

That's the point (I think).

All the above aside, I have been a fan of super realistic paintings for a while, and have never seen anything come lose to what this guy produces, simply amazing.

+2

Salmoneye

I am amazed. For the same reason that some hand sign painters can make my jaw drop. Can you do it with a printer, sure; but knowing that it wasn't is amazing to me.