• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inexpensive paper/vinyl for eco solvent targets?

Bigcat_hunter

So we print and sell zombie targets on a large format HP ink jet printer. It's water based ink and expensive. The paper is cheap though. I would really like to print these on my eco solvent printer because the ink last so long but I can't find an inexpensive media to print on. These targets are 24" x 36" and people just shoot them so we don't need anything heavy duty or premium quality.

Does anyone sell an inexpensive media that would work for this? We retail the 24" x 36" targets at $3.00 each and would like to sell them for about 1/2 that price. My only other option is to sub them out to an offset printer. We can get them down to $0.35 each but we have to buy many thousands at a time and are not ready to do that.

CanuckSigns

So we print and sell zombie targets on a large format HP ink jet printer. It's water based ink and expensive. The paper is cheap though. I would really like to print these on my eco solvent printer because the ink last so long but I can't find an inexpensive media to print on. These targets are 24" x 36" and people just shoot them so we don't need anything heavy duty or premium quality.

Does anyone sell an inexpensive media that would work for this? We retail the 24" x 36" targets at $3.00 each and would like to sell them for about 1/2 that price. My only other option is to sub them out to an offset printer. We can get them down to $0.35 each but we have to buy many thousands at a time and are not ready to do that.

So you want to print one off posters for $0.25 sq/ft? The media is the least of your worries, the ink alone even with bulk ink will cost you that, not to mention your time to trim each poster!

this might be one of these situations where it's just not worth your time! either sub it out to an offset printer or pass

Bigcat_hunter

So you want to print one off posters for $0.25 sq/ft? The media is the least of your worries, the ink alone even with bulk ink will cost you that, not to mention your time to trim each poster!

this might be one of these situations where it's just not worth your time! either sub it out to an offset printer or pass

It's actually very light ink coverage. It's just grey and some red. Not full color coverage. The ink would go a long way.

player

How about 4 rolls 30" x 150' white bond for $35?

That's 1500 sq.ft. at $00.023 cents per sq.ft.

It is also designed for use in HP Designjet wide format inkjet printers.

http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Supplies-Inc-DesignJet-wide-format/dp/B004KGAKHS

Plus $16 shipping...

Here is 36" x 150 x 4 rolls for $50:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Rolls-36-x150-20lb-Bond-HP-DesignJet-Plotter-Paper-/150559447619

or inkjet 4 rolls 36" x 150 for $46:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-X-150-IN...a&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=3&sd=150559447619&rt=nc

Mosh

Running ANY inkjet solvent or not the time running time will cost more than the paper....Have a load ran on an offset.