• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install price for semi

klingsdesigns

I have a customer that wants a 53ft trailer wrapped. Sides and rear. Install only. Smooth trailer with rivets. What would you typically charge?

Thanks.

reQ

EIGHT BUCKS A SQUARE FOOT INSTALLED?? What, don't like money?
Flat surfaces are going for 8 in my shop, considering we are higher on prices compare to competitors who charge 6.

8 for flats (might be more if rivets are huge, but not the case on semi trailers usually) or 10 for cars/suvs/vans etc

P.S. I don't do to many of them due to competition doing it cheaper.

reQ

Ugh!! That's why I stay FAR away from this crap.

$6 / sqft installed is BARELY double materials. Not factoring in machine time, waste, and install labor at all. :frustrated:

The lowballers can fight over that all day long, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and making money.

Thats why i don't do to many of these :) I keep my price somewhat competitive compare to them, but still higher. Can't do it for 6 at all

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ugh!! That's why I stay FAR away from this crap.

$6 / sqft installed is BARELY double materials. Not factoring in machine time, waste, and install labor at all. :frustrated:

The lowballers can fight over that all day long, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and making money.

Correct. We don't really do full wraps (especially 53' trailers) and even our partial wraps, we are usually $10-12/sf. We don't compete in the wrap market. Even at my old company, we did wraps and were never under $10 a ft... and that was over 6 years ago. I guess you only make money if you're doing 10+ wraps a week....even then, seems everyone is cutting themselves short on profits.

bigben

In my province, there is a shop specialized in 53 feet semi. They charge around 3500$ for the print (sides and back with 3M products) and 650$ for install. That is crazy.

MikePro

$2 psf is barely profitable, at best, $1 psf is definitely laughable....
kudos for passing-up on that crap. more nickels&dimes for your competition to lose-sleep over.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
EIGHT BUCKS A SQUARE FOOT INSTALLED?? What, don't like money?

$8 per sq.ft. would leave $5k to divide up for profit, install, & overhead. Couple days work...that's money to most wrap shops.

Some however don't have the manpower or free printer space to tie up on a single job like that & might net more over that same time period on several smaller jobs.
Just depends on the shop and whats on the schedule.

BALLPARK

I have lost a few bids at $8 per square foot for semi-trailers. Few years back the money was much better on 53' trailers. Now the market is down in cost to win the bid.

We have a local company that is based inside of Utility Trailers. They do great work and sell the wrap before it even hits the street. It's manufactured in-house and then they use their partner company to wrap it directly after the build.

I will drive by and see 50 to 100 trailers pretty much all wraps and just see millions in sales that I will never get a chance to earn.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Between $650 and $1000 depending on the customer/project/qty. Should take around a day for two guys the first time, after a few they should be down to around 5 hours, especially with no front. Remember you will need scaffolding for this.

bpatrick3

I have lost a few bids at $8 per square foot for semi-trailers. Few years back the money was much better on 53' trailers. Now the market is down in cost to win the bid.

We have a local company that is based inside of Utility Trailers. They do great work and sell the wrap before it even hits the street. It's manufactured in-house and then they use their partner company to wrap it directly after the build.

I will drive by and see 50 to 100 trailers pretty much all wraps and just see millions in sales that I will never get a chance to earn.
WOW, I feel for you bro

2B

that is both shocking and sad, shocking to think someone expects you to work for mere pennies. I would love to see the look on their face if you offered them the same wage to do their job. and sad because there are some people / companies that will do it for that price and then the rest of us are left to find ways to NOT fall into the bottom bid war