• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install sign off or approval processes?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think if the spot your friend made is somewhere that no one will ever see it and it's not going to cause any future corrosion or discoloration due to exposed metal or some such thing, then no, I don't think that merits notifying the customer or anything along those lines.

There are obviously shades of gray requiring some discernment.

This was the spots my friend made. I didn't think it was a big deal... after a week there will be bird shits larger than this.

AFTER.jpg

Attachments

• staright.jpg
    staright.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 87

Moze

Yeah, you're getting into stuff that's not right in front of the customer like vinyl, dimensional letters, ADA signs, etc would be. Exterior signs are definitely more prone to picking up some blemishes.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I did a vehicle install today. Not too bad, 3 12" x 6" cut vinyls of their name on two lines. One looked a bit crooked to me... Not sure if the hinge moved or if I just measured wrong. Tore it off and redid it - customer saw me and asked what I was doing... Told him, and he said "it's a construction vehicle, you can put it in sideways and we wouldn't care!". I told him the vinyl costs costs us a few bucks,. What he's paying for is service, so we don't half *** it (at least on purpose). Took a whopping 5 mins to recut and put on.
There are a lot of lines on a vehicle to explain away your crookedness. I like to say, let it eat. I also start on the passenger side to get a little practice in before doing the side that everyone looks at.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
My two cents: Anyone installing signs for another sign company should take full responsibility of the signage once they've received it and confirmed its in good condition. The sign company did their part in getting the signage safely to the installer. After that, the full responsibility of the signage falls on the installer. If they put vinyl up crooked, if they install a sign on the wrong wall, if a sign is damaged while in their possession, etc, I feel the installer should be responsible for any resulting expenses required to make things right. At the very least, they should offer to do so. There's no reason the manufacturer should have to pay for issues caused by the installer.
100%, that is why they paid an installer.