• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation Problem with Omega 5.0

kellogg

Can anyone help me with the installation problem I'm having with Omega 5.0? I have Computer A with Edge vinyl printer attached to it and I had Computer B with a plotter attached to it. Computer B croaked and died. I got Computer C and I attached the plotter to it and I was successful in loading Omega 5.0 on it. I can make both the plotter and the Edge work from their respective computers, but I can't make the attached devices work by remote. I followed the installation manual and I can access the required Queue/gspqueue in the tray, but somehow I can't make the devices work remotely. When I had both Computer A and B working, I did have remote capability, but I was able to get free Gerber Tech to work out the right steps with the purchase of the softwares. When I try to run the device by remote, I get an error message that says the command is denied. In the Queue Properties folder I do allow permission to share files.​

kellogg

YIPPEE! Everything works like it's supposed to. Thanks to Tony for getting me the tech help I needed. Gerber tech took over our computers by remote and quickly ironed out the changes that was needed for the networking between the two computers to take place. It looked simple enough, but without their help I doubt I would have been able to fix the problem by myself. Thanks again.