• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

installing 27' x 200' banner on building

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
@fs-keith - this is far and away different than a seamless 8x80. This is 3 times as big. The finished weight will be very dangerous - with a tag line and one end supported one could maneuver it some but not easily. A full perimeter clamping frame distributes the load much more even than single stress points. A 27x200 is in a totally different league than an 8x80. You will need building engineers involved to sign off on the loading on the wall, a safety engineer, someone looking close at wind on the day of install, etc.

We have looked at massive banner installs. You contract a professional rigging firm for this sort of installation. 99% of sign shops have no business attempting this install in house.

FS-Keith

@fs-keith - this is far and away different than a seamless 8x80. This is 3 times as big. The finished weight will be very dangerous - with a tag line and one end supported one could maneuver it some but not easily. A full perimeter clamping frame distributes the load much more even than single stress points. A 27x200 is in a totally different league than an 8x80. You will need building engineers involved to sign off on the loading on the wall, a safety engineer, someone looking close at wind on the day of install, etc.

We have looked at massive banner installs. You contract a professional rigging firm for this sort of installation. 99% of sign shops have no business attempting this install in house.

Im well aware of the weight and loads involved. My arguement was playing the devils advocate so to speak, because the op said he didnt want to put screws into the building yet some others suggested the tension system which in reality would require the same if not more fasteners into the building. A full perimeter tension system would def be ideal though, whether is be some extruded frame with tension clips or even pole pockets with poles and straps
24x100 is the largest i have done to date but that was into a concrete building and we used tapcons and fenderwashers. much easier then thin gauge steel

Last edited: