• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing 4 x 8 outdoor sign

signlords

home depot, lowes..hardware store

Hey I was also curious about these. I am sure this sounds dumb but I checked Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, and some mom n pop hardware shops in my area. Literally printed your pictures and showed them to all of them. Nobody has anything remotely resembling those corner inserts or T Braces. I googled searched the names/part numbers on your print out, and still came up with nothing.

ams

Hey I was also curious about these. I am sure this sounds dumb but I checked Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, and some mom n pop hardware shops in my area. Literally printed your pictures and showed them to all of them. Nobody has anything remotely resembling those corner inserts or T Braces. I googled searched the names/part numbers on your print out, and still came up with nothing.

I believe at Lowe's they are in the wood section with the posts and plywood, or at least they have similar.

Drip Dry

I buy them by the box from my regular supplier. They sell awning material. I think that's why they have them.
PM me if you want the name

visual800

I never knew how difficult it was to install a 4x8 dibond sign on cinder block

Try this. drill 4 holes in it, 1 in each corner use masonry screws and some dabs on silicone, paint screws back ground color and walk away

Signed Out

What else are others using to trim out their signs? We do a lot of signs with the 1" square aluminum tubing and connectors as shown in an above post. We usually trim it with the 1"x3/4" anodized aluminum angle that is often packaged with the aluminum tubing and connectors form sign suppliers. But we'd like to find larger, preferably 1.5"x1.5" trim in 20' lengths with different finish options. Anodized doesn't take paint well at all. Also with 1.5"x1.5" trim, you can use pressure treated 2x4s instead of the 1" aluminum tube, which in my opinion will look much better with a beefier border. And the pt 2x4s are cheaper than the 1" alum tube, and easier/quicker to build on site. I've looked into staircase molding as suggested above, but what I could find is too small and only offered in 8' lengths.

We are currently doing a 32'x4' wall mounted sign and considering different options for trimming it out is why I ask.

Billct2

We bend our own trim on an 8' brake. You can use different colors of .040, paint it, or cover it with vinyl.