• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior Wall vinyl recommendations

I tried printing some matte oracal 3164 at sticking it to my interior prepped walls and I experienced curling around the edges of my image??

What vinyl have you had success with for interior walls??

I would prefer a matte look. The Orcal 631 interior stuff only comes in a 30" I would like to be able to get a 48" roll because the piece I am doing is very large.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CS-SignSupply-TT

I have three recommendations:

CONCEPT #226 WALLMARK 6.0mil-Matte White Semi-Rigid Wall vinyl, Clear Low-tack wall adhesive 54" x 100ft

CONCEPT #227 WALLMARK 3.4mil-Matte White Wall vinyl, Clear Low-tack wall adhesive 54" x 100ft

CONCEPT #234 GRAPHITEX 7.0mil-Matte White polyester Wall Fabris Film, Clear Low-tack wall adhesive 54" x 100ft, 60" x 100ft

Please let me know how I may help.

Mike F

PhotoTex if you want something with a fabric texture that's more akin to wallpaper, Seramark if you want a regular vinyl texture. Won't damage the walls when you remove either of them either.

I was told that the oracal 3164 works with an approx 1/8" white boarder surrounding. But not with print to the edge, that is when you can experience curl that I experience.

With the phototex stuff can you print to the edge?? or do you need to leave the white boarder as well?

I'm goning to check this all out now, thanks for the knowledge.

thewvsignguy

Try the Avery 2601/2611. We have been using it for a year with (knock on wood) zero failures. Harbor and Fellers sell it in the 54" wide but we get ours from SW because we buy it 54" wide and slit the roll to size. The Oracal wall film is crap.....

Sign Eagle

We've used Avery wall material also for about 18 months, it's the only one I have seen that can print with a full bleed. Did 2 walls 4ft x 120ft a year ago and it still looks good. Have done a lot of temporary Mall work recently and it works great. Easy to install without laminate or transfer tape which saves a lot of time on installation.

I have no idea what brand it is, but I bought some from Bigfish a year and a half ago and it has been great. I print to the edge and have never had a failure. I used his cal lam on it until I ran out, then Oracal 210.

you can print full bleed to the edge on phototex, do it all the time. never any curl or any type of problems with it. prints and looks great. we always get compliments on the stuff.

strypguy

You dont have to but I have laminated avery 2611 with oracal 210 matte. Turned out great and still on the wall. One was 8' x 16'.

John