• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question is all pvc coated for printing?

netsol

we are using
4' x 8' x 3 mm (1/8") | Komatex | White Matte | Rigid Foam PVC Sheet
and it prints like this (see attached)
do i have to order a particular "flavor" to print white background with no bleed?

we order mostly from harbor sales.

Attachments

• mutoh ink bleed.jpg
    mutoh ink bleed.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 89

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
No, not all PVC is print ready (though many can be printed on with no problem), and yes- you get a particular "flavor" (usually called "Digital" or some variation of that). Alternatively, you could use an adhesion promoter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thats mostly static. Wipe it down with alcohol and wipe until fully dry. Do not let it air dry.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I cannot recall the adhesion promoter's manufacturer. I suggest checking with the manufacturer of your printer for what they recommend. If that's not doable, try asking your print media supplier.

netsol

gino, i treat these the same way we do coro. spray with 91% isopropyl.
wipe with microfiber cloth. FLIP. do reverse side. print.

do you think i should invest in one of those static wands?

we will obviously be more disciplined about our "wipedown procedure

thank you!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that a flatbed print or are you printing to vinyl, then laying it down ?? The way it was described, I figured flatbed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Same difference. Still printing directly and not onto vinyl. The static on some of these products actually draws the ink overspray around and makes that kinda scenario. Perhaps it's the komatex and/or air drying. When you remove the protective covering on these plastics, the static is really increases. Cripes, I get little shocks while doing it. Waiting a bit and wiping it down, eliminates just about all of that.

netsol

yes, i always pull off the covering let it sit, spray with iso & wipe with microfibre, flip and repeat & almost always flip again and repeat the print side