• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is buying a used 300v buying problems

wynpotter

Edit I ment 300sp

I have spent about a year learning different parts of the digital print area fro sublimation to laser to pigment.
I have used Epson printers for photo work !3x19 area in the past with some success but I'm leaning on getting into an eco sol printer for the variety of functions it can do.
A new sp 300 runs around 13-14k and a used one about half that.

I had in previous post mentioned the BN20 but speed seemed to be a limiting production factor.

There are 2 areas that I'm interested in, one is heat transfers on a wide range of materials, including tshirts with my own design and my artwork printed on both canvases and papers for a regional art market in the south.
Canvas wrap with 24-28 wide or paper prints

I have looked at the printing cost of eco sol printing and it's much less than inkjet pigment cost per ml.

I have a local printer that will print some work for me as a test market which gives me a chance to "See" how I like the results of the different approaches before dropping the cash.

With all this said, how much trouble might I expect buying used from a dealer .
I don't have a certain dealer in mind, just a general, "is buying used" from a dealer a good value as opposed to buying new.
What might be tell tale signs that a used printer might show on inspection that there is a problem

I don't have a problem building computers from scratch or rebuilding my pottery kilns and there electronics, so I'm not daunted by getting my hands inside the beast.
I'm more interested in using my money for the best start up and running the biz.
I know I have skipped over some areas that might be important, please fill in the blanks if I have
If anyone wants to jump in,
Thanks
Wyndham

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If buying from a dealer, just get a 90 day guarantee and you should be fine. Shelling out $5,000 to $6,000 should more than pay for itself in no time, if you have the business already for it.

splizaat

We bought our used sp300 two years ago and it paid itself off the first 6 months - And it's been a work horse for us ever since. We bought it from an older coupler that ran a sign shop a couple cities over - not from a dealer. We had them send us pictures of the test print/nozzle check and some test prints. Other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do (to my knowledge) besides just keep it clean and run it. Maybe we got lucky....but we have had a great experience so far.

wynpotter

Joe, which is easier unloading a ton of clay or printing out a painting? The older I get the heavier the clay gets. This is why I'm looking for the "Easy Money" with printing, that's a joke folks, really!

There's no "Easy Money" left anywhere, I know that but I do some art work that might be salable on canvases as well as shirts but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on $7-$15k with out a lot more "larning"

If I could ask Joe, what's your uses for your printer?

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I have an sp300i and it does about 90% of our jobs but I am getting tired of paneling plus I have increased the business by 20% my first year in ownership. We run the printer 5-7 hrs per day. Need a good used one....I would like a bigger printer. I'm looking for used too. I don't want to fork out 20k+