• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a specific effect?

Marie

Attached is the top of a logo that I am trying to vectorize from a customer's jpeg. Any thoughts on how to recreate the warped/curved circles without redrawing every circle? Thanks!

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 94

mpn

I use a plug in called filterit by cvalley. Pretty sure it will do that.

Last edited:

Biker Scout

I used Google images "Vector Globe Dots" and I found quite a bit of stuff that relates to what you are looking for.

Dennis422

That file is separated for screen printing. What are you seeing are CMYK dots.

You have to separate CMYK channels in PS, and then convert them to halftone bitmaps.
After that, bring them back into one file at separate layers and color them with their real colors (yellow for Yellow bitmap, C for cyan, and so on)

ForgeInc

If you are using illustrator, you can do this a couple different ways. In either option you will most likely need to draw and arrange the circles ahead of time (imagine them drawn as if they aren't warped.) Once you do that, using the same number of circles as shown in your example you can either use the warp > fish eye effect, or you can map the circles as a symbol to a globe effect using 3D effect. (google it for instructions / tutorials)

My guess is then you need to squish the 3d circles by scaling to match yoru example.

Will take some noodling time, but shouldn't be too hard.