• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this legit?

stickamain

We just got the OCA Trademark logo package and it seemed a bit suspect when we were on the phone with the rep. So we had it sent C.O. D. and the check is supposed to be written to an individual. Seems kinda weird anyone else had anything like this recently?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That sounds very fishy. It could be an employee diverting money. If it's to Don Scott, he owns the company and might be trying to hide some money from the IRS, loan sharks or attorneys looking to collect on judgments. You might want to call OCA and ask for Don Scott to inquire.

Just curious ... why would you buy a collection when Brands of the World has 100's of 1,000's of logos for free?

stickamain

Fred,
Thanks for the comments. The Lady's name on the phone was Pat. She didn't want us to call her back, but called us back instead (Fishy). Then the C.O.D. was supposed to be made out to Susan. I'll hold off on the last name cause I don't want to cause any "probbems" (Fishy).
So we made the check out to OCA so's we could look at the package. The paper wasn't glossy and there weren't any color images as has been in the past (Fishy). Maybe just a product of hard economic times, but I can't helpbut feel like this some sort of bootleg.
Also, the website is "under construction" (Fishy).
I didn't know if I should get a hold of anyone on this or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hadn't heard of the other, that you mentioned, will definetly be looking into that though. Chalk that one up to ignorance. Won't make that mistake again.
Again, Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doesn't sound right at all as far as Pat or Susan or not phoning in. They've always printed on non gloss paper and I would suspect that there are color files on the discs even if not shown in the book.

The thing you need to understand is that employee theft at OCA has happened several times that I'm aware of. Don has some personality flaws and is often not around.

I would also exercise caution in using the collection. Logos go out of date but remain in most collections anyway. In addition, OCA layouts may include incorrect font substitutions. I know at one time their Bank of America font did not meet BoA specs.

Fred,
Thanks for the comments. The Lady's name on the phone was Pat. She didn't want us to call her back, but called us back instead (Fishy). Then the C.O.D. was supposed to be made out to Susan. I'll hold off on the last name cause I don't want to cause any "probbems" (Fishy).
So we made the check out to OCA so's we could look at the package. The paper wasn't glossy and there weren't any color images as has been in the past (Fishy). Maybe just a product of hard economic times, but I can't helpbut feel like this some sort of bootleg.
Also, the website is "under construction" (Fishy).
I didn't know if I should get a hold of anyone on this or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hadn't heard of the other, that you mentioned, will definetly be looking into that though. Chalk that one up to ignorance. Won't make that mistake again.
Again, Thanks

I think you figured it out. Should not do it.

Graphics2u

Paying for a logo disk is useless unless you are going somewhere with no internet access

I have found that some logos off Brands of the World are not that great of quality. That's why I bought the collection.

I will say that the 2009 I received does not have the color prints in the book either. Disc is there but not printed in color.

Also along these same lines, when I bought this years it was from the same woman that always calls me (can't think of her name) but when my Credit card statement came the charge was through a gift shop or something in Phoenix. So I called and she said that was a sister company, but still odd.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just a followup after an email exchange with my telemarketer who worked for OCA for about five years and talks to a lot of people that OCA telemarketers also talk to. This is what he said about making checks out to a person:

I have been hearing that from a lot of people, also about 79.95 cod deals.

He agrees that most likely the owner of OCA is being ripped off and the $79.95 deal reinforces it. Hope you didn't pay more than $79.95 for your copy of the collection.

Malkin

I find quite a few logos that are in the OCA collection but not on BOTW. Sometimes I will compare both versions of a logo to pick the one that looks more correct. BOTW is a good resource, but I think it unwise to depend on it being available.

I think having options is good.