• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this normal?

aqpaint

Hi guys,

I have a Roland SP300v that I only use maybe once or two a week. I always manual clean it once a week. But I think that my head and sponge are really dirty and i'm not sure if this is normal. It looks like it spills in the surrending area, not only into the sponge... It is like this each week. Even if I clean it very well the next week it will look like this. Can someone give me is tough?

Thank you!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150224_220817.jpg
    20150224_220817.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 93
  • 20150221_012958.jpg
    20150221_012958.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20150221_012942.jpg
    20150221_012942.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 83

aqpaint

When did you last change wipers, scrapper & captops?

In November if I remember well. But I'm not sure what is the difference between wipers and scrapers. I changes the two wiper/scraper? That appears when you clean and press on the bottom arrow..

rjssigns

My SP540V gets filthy. It can be cleaned spotless then run a few big jobs and there's a mess like you pictured. It's done this since new. I have no issues with the quality of the prints.

Sign Works

In November if I remember well. But I'm not sure what is the difference between wipers and scrapers. I changes the two wiper/scraper? That appears when you clean and press on the bottom arrow..

There is a plastic scrapper that cleans excess ink off the wipers, mine had broken and fallen out of place and the wipers would develop an ink build-up resulting in ink splatter all over the sponge area and quite possibly the failure of the K/C printhead as well. Remove the metal panel that the wipers reside behind, this is where the scrapper is located. I have attached a pic from the service manual, scrapper is item #31 outlined in red. I generally change the scrapper when I change the wipers. I'm not saying that this is definetly the culprit but it can't hurt to check.

Attachments

• scrapper.jpg
    scrapper.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 71

aqpaint

Ok! Thanks for the outputs. I'll take a look at the scraper. But if you think that this mess is normal, i'll sleep better! Hahaha! !

aqpaint

There is a plastic scrapper that cleans excess ink off the wipers, mine had broken and fallen out of place and the wipers would develop an ink build-up resulting in ink splatter all over the sponge area and quite possibly the failure of the K/C printhead as well. Remove the metal panel that the wipers reside behind, this is where the scrapper is located. I have attached a pic from the service manual, scrapper is item #31 outlined in red. I generally change the scrapper when I change the wipers. I'm not saying that this is definetly the culprit but it can't hurt to check.

By the way thank you very much for taking the time to explain with the picture and everything. Much appreciated! !